AudioSwitcher is a menu bar that allows you to switch quickly between all available input and output devices. In addition you can change the volume and other properties of each device without having to change your current input / output.
You can quickly change the sample rate or output to multiple devices at the same time.
AudioSwitcher supports any device directly attached to the host system: USB, DisplayPort, HDMI, Thunderbolt and Bluetooth.
It does not support AirPlay or AirPlay 2 devices.
AudioSwitcher is ideal if you have multiple sound devices attached to your Mac and want to be able to switch between them without having to use System Preferences.
Things to be aware of:
- If you have headphones physically plugged in then your internal speakers are disabled for some Apple hardware.
- Apple no longer allows 3rd party apps to see or view AirPlay devices
- HDMI contains no volume information: volume control is the responsibilty of the device that renders audio, eg, the monitor, TV etc. This is why you can't adjust volume via software
- Fixes to the priority screen to stop priorities being lower than 0
- Fixes to the priority screen to stop devices automatically sorting based on priority