It's never too early to improve your reading skills!
3rd Grade Reading Comprehension Prep is designed for the classroom, as well as the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
• Perfect for classroom use!
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 3rd grade level
• Read and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
• Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
• Listen to audio of the story and read along
• This collection of original stories was written specifically for this app
• Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete
• Mix of fiction and non-fiction selections
• Works well for independent study time
• Email student results and track their progress
• Increase your reading comprehension and your scores!
Peekaboo Studios reading passages have been written by award winning authors and teachers specifically for our apps.
* No In-App Purchase required, all content is included *
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 3rd Grade:
- Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers
- Determine the main idea of a text
- Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect
- Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 3 topic or subject area
- Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events
- Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters
- Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
- Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
"I'm very impressed. Since I homeschool, having the history with the reading is a great addition to a homeschool curriculum." - Nancy Daniels
"I like how it highlights where the answer was in the passage when you pick your answer." - Kami Butterfield, teacher
"The selections are age appropriate and the responses to the questions are not too easy - some thought needs to go into it." - Mary Skummer, teacher
"The feature showing where the answer is located in the passage is a spot on tool since I ask my students to be able to provide this in their oral and written responses." - Harold Nelson, teacher
"Great for reading practice - I would highly recommend it."
"This app helped me in my reading. Now I have an A+. I am very happy I did this app."
"your app is so much more realistic than another 3rd grade reading comprehension app. The other one must be based on some very outdated core standards for reading. It was way too easy for the average 3rd grader." - Mary Kroohs
Teachers can use this app with their entire classroom:
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
• Assign stories and question sets with the Schoolwork app
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
Non-Fiction topics include:
• Benjamin Franklin
• Henry Ford
• Steve Jobs
• Annie Smith Peck
• George Eastman
• Ronald Reagan
• Levi's Blue Jeans
• Ancient Rome
With practice you can achieve your best scores!
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10 new stories added
- Dynamic font for stories
- Listen to audio of each story and read along
- Teachers can now assign stories to their classroom from the Schoolwork app
Leave us a review, and let us know how you feel about our apps! Thanks so much for all your support!