Piano Companion is a flexible chord/scale dictionary with user libraries and reverse mode. Piano Companion allows you to find a chord or scale by its name. If you don't remember what's the name of a chord/scale, it helps you to find it by keys. Just press C, G and you will get C Major as the first chord in the search result.
Piano Companion shows chord/scale notes, degrees, fingering for both hands in major and minor scales. You can listen how a scale or chord sounds. You can see the list of compatible chords in the selected scale or list of compatible scales for a selected chord. The great advantage of Piano Companion is the fact that it's a growing application, so we will be glad to consider any new features which helps you to increase usability.
- 1500+ piano chords, up to 6th inversions (Major, Minor, Diminished, Augmented, Suspended, Sixth, Seventh, Ninth, Eleventh, Thirteenth, etc.)
- 10000+ scales (Major, Minor, Chromatic, Pentatonic Blues/Major/Minor, Aeolian, etc.)
- 12 root keys
- Chord Progression builder with scale patterns (chord sequencer)
- Interactive Circle of Fifths
- MIDI keyboard (with iRig) support for reverse mode in iOS6+
- MIDI output for iOS7+ users, connect your favorite DAW with Piano Companion
- List of available chords in Circle of Fifths
- Key notations: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, etc.
- Reverse chord & scale lookup
- Shows chord on the staff with treble and bass clef
- Shows scale on the staff with treble and bass clef
- Displays compatible scale's chords
- Analytical labels: Secondary Dominant and Secondary Leading-Tone
- Displays compatible chord's scales
- Ability to create custom chords or modify existing
- Plays chords
- Plays scales
- Plays arpeggiated chords
- Audio support
- Arpeggio in Chord Progression
- Relative scale suggestions
- Relative chords in Chord Progressions
- Scale lookup with major & minor scale fingering
- Flexible chord & scale search using keyboard
- User libraries with ability to add scale or chord
- You can create you own chord libraries and chord charts
- Ability to create favorite scales
Prompt support from Piano Companion Team is guaranteed! We would be happy to hear from your suggestion for Piano Companion.
Follow us on
Added new “Play Panel” where you will be able to play chords/scales with different octaves and check how it sounds in the loop. Chord Play Panel can play continuous arpeggios.
Redesigned “Relative/Similar” scales section. We display scales from Favorite list which are identical (100% matched), 88% or 75% matched to the selected scale.
You can record melody and transfer it into Songtive.
Community Forum: http://forums.songtive.com