This math app can be used to teach and study the Russian multiplication method. The user can solve random or custom multiplication problems. The number of digits in the numbers can be set.
The Russian multiplication method is also called the Russian peasant multiplication or the Ethiopian multiplication method.
The Russian multiplication method
In this method is the the only multiplication facts we need to know are how to double and how to take half of a number. The method has been used by Russian peasants into the 20th century. It has also been used in ancient Ethiopia.
- Problems can be random or custom
- The current operation for each column can be hidden
- The operands of the current operation can be highlighted
- Colors of the interface can be changed
- The speed of the animations can be set
- Different interface on iPhone and iPad
- Works in portrait and landscape orientation on the iPad
- Open worksheets of up to 10 problems that are made on the iDevBooks.com site
Other iDevBooks math apps
iDevBooks math apps have been reviewed and endorsed by Wired.com, IEAR.org, Edudemic.com, Teachers with Apps, and other respected sites and organizations.
Some of the other 24 iDevBooks math apps are Column Subtraction, Column Addition, Long Division, Long Multiplication, Lattice Multiplication, Multiplication Table, Fraction Math, Partial Differences Subtraction, Partial Quotients Division, Partial Sums Addition, etc.
Feedback and requests for new features
New ideas to make this app better are welcome. Please visit idevbooks.com to give feedback.
This app has no ads or in-app purchases and it does not transmit any data during the operation of the app. This app also does not contain any links to other apps or the web.
- open worksheets from app (new worksheets can be made on the iDevBooks.com site)
- support for iOS 10.0
- support for shared iPad in school environments
For more information about worksheets and other new features of this version please visit idevbooks.com. Please also get in contact if you have any feedback or you want information about 32 iDevBooks math apps.