Useful tools for the Audio Visual technician!
When you connect your device with a VGA, HDMI, or Airplay to a projector or flatscreen monitor, AV Aid will detect and display all available output resolutions for your device. (Even 4K!) You can then select one of these custom resolutions and AV Aid will generate and output color bars.
The audio test generator is also expansive, including left, right, center, phase test, pink noise, white noise, sweep, a test song and more. You can also designate your own custom test song from your own music library or via Apple Music. **AV Aid now features a Dolby 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound test using ec-7 (enhanced ac-3) encoding!
There are several other handy AV features like flashlight, strobe light, party light, IR detector, TRS, XLR, CAT-5 Pinout reference, cable connector resource guide, and additional tips for troubleshooting Audio Visual systems.
We have also added full screen front and back camera views if you use your mobile device as a document camera during online meetings.
In version 3.0 we have rebuilt the app from the ground up using Apple's new SwiftUI framework to prepare it to be used across any Apple device.
- Added support for 4K image test generation.
- Added ability to import custom images.
- Added front and rear facing full screen camera view if you are using your mobile device as a document camera in online meetings.
- Confirmed support for Dolby 7.1 and 5.1.
- Added ability to use Apple Music to select your own custom test song.
- New logo.
We will continue to improve the design and capabilities of AVAid in the coming months! Thank you!