"To have all this capability in a smartphone is a wonder"—TUAW
Record timelapse video in true HDR and up to 4K HD resolution on your iPhone!
Watch the demo video and a before/after video at http://www.thaliacam.com/lapse/ios.html
How does it work?
The patent-pending HD/R™ technology in Thalia™ Lapse HD/R takes several different exposures of the same scene for each video frame and works magic (technical term: tonemapping) to turn them into a video stream reflecting the scene’s dynamic range.
* Up to 5 EV values of dynamic range expansion, depending on the scene shot
* Multi-stage deflickering avoids the flickering artifacts that often occur when stitching together time-lapse video from photos
* Deghosting avoids ghosting artifacts from moving objects
* Processing on the iPhone’s GPU calculates tonemapped video in real time, preserving local contrast on scenes with strong dynamic range
* Stores high-quality movies in Quicktime format with up to 2060p resolution (can be set by user; 2060p on iPhone 6S and iPad Pro and higher; 1080p available on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 and higher, lower resolutions on other devices)
* Amazing built-in processing modes for a subdued effect, adding punch to the video, and artistic effect
* If desired, adds a soundtrack from your iTunes library to the video
Time-lapse videography by its very nature demands a certain patience from the videographer. You will need some sort of contraption to keep your phone pointing steadily in one direction while you are shooting the video. It's certainly possible to jury-rig this using a book or such, but we strongly recommend using a tripod. See http://www.thaliacam.com/lapse/ios.html for details.
Improved image stabilization, compatibility updates