URL Extractor is an app to extract and collect emails and urls in an automatic unattended way from local files on your Mac or from the web starting from web pages or search engine keywords.
URL Extractor can be used to extract thousands of email addresses or other URLs, as example web addresses, in various mode:
- Inserting (or importing) a list of web page addresses, the app will use those web pages as a seed to start to collect data and visit linked pages, proceeding in a background navigation to the requested deep level collecting data till the user decide to stop.
- Inserting (or importing) a list of keywords and using them as a starting point to run a search on a user specified search engine. The app will use the obtained pages to proceed in a navigation and data collection to the requested deep level till the user decide
- Specifying a list of files and folders on the local hard disk to extract from and extracting in all the subfolder at any deep level
The user can watch live, during extraction, the extracted URLs filling the table. Filters can be used to decide what accept or exclude.
The extracted URL will be ready to be saved on disk for later use for any purpose.
The app uses various settings that can be modified to find the right balance for any search.
URL Extractor is document based to allow the user to save all the settings relative to an extraction, local based or on web based , inside a document to save on disk for later reuse.
Considering the large and dynamic nature of the web, an extraction with some specific parameters could be infinite and with different results at different time.
URL Extractor can extract from any kind of file text, html and PDF files
- Can extract locally and online URLs and emails from any tex, html and now also from PDF files
- Any url is extracted saving also the source url (from where it was extracted)
- Extracts locally from multiple file inside folders, to any level of nesting (also thousand and thousand of files in a very short time)
- Created to work and collect thousands and thousand of URLs also unattended, in the night
- Extracts directly from the web cross navigating web pages in background. The list of web address the user can provide it's a seed to start an infinite autonomous navigation and extraction. No user action required!
- Extracts starting from search engines using a list of user assigned keywords (as a seed for extraction)
- Search engine Google extraction from many international google sites using .com .it .fr . au .uk .de and .es .ar .au .at .be .br .ca .fi .nl .se .ch.
- Uses also Bing
- Extracted URL are relative to the keywords and sites inserted by the user
- Url table for live web extraction (you see urls flowing inside the windows as they are collected) and you can filter or exclude what you like
- Extracts the kind of URLs you like, web address, ftp address, email address, feed, telnet, local file url, news and generic emails
- Manages the 'web pages ' to start extract from and 'keywords' to start search in standard interactive table with useful and simple commands (full undo support in manipulating them)
- Black list of (do not use to extract) sites
- Export and Import of 'web pages' and 'keywords' and 'Black listed sites' using powerful features
- Drag and Drop of files to the table to add them
- Drag and drop of url from your browser to add to the table of URL to process
- Fully parallel processing on Cocoa.
- Uses separate parallel processes to navigate and extract, no freeze during extractions!
- Option for single domain extraction
- Advanced export capabilities
- PDF user guide
- Optimized for macOS 10.12 Sierra
Use of the app requires a minimum of practice to obtain good results.
• Solved a problem sometime arising when collecting web address containing an ampersand
• Solved a bug regarding Reset button of collected URLs
• Introduced warning dialog signaling block by Google
• Other bug fixes
• Optimized for macOs 10.12 Sierra