Instantaneous beam analysis that fits in your pocket!
Easily calculate beam deflection and engineering graphs for structural analysis. Quickly double-check your results and develop your intuition of beam deflection theory. This app is an invaluable learning tool for mechanical, civil, structural, and architecture engineering.
AMAZING AND INTUITIVE TOUCH-BASED INTERACTION
• Interactive graphics - Use touch to position loads and supports along the beam. Our algorithm will automatically handle individual sections and superposition of loads.
• Real-time computation - When you edit loads and supports, you can immediately see the effect on shear, moment, slope, and deflection diagrams. Visualize how the beam bends in real time as you interact with the app!
UNLIMITED LOADS AND SUPPORTS
• At least as many as your device can handle!
• Concentrated point loads, distributed loads, and moment loads
• Simple and fixed supports
• Floating and fixed hinges
BUILT-IN PROPERTY DATA LIBRARIES
Beam deflection depends on the beam's material (elastic modulus) and its cross-section geometry (moment of inertia). The app includes common values, but you can also specify these values directly.
• Find most American and European standard shapes.
• Select from common engineering materials.
SMART AND USEFUL DESIGN
• Common measurement units (metric and standard)
• Smart diagrams automatically detect local maxima and minima and zero-crossings
Having issues with the latest version? Do you have any feature requests? Let us know! There are many ways to reach us:
email: [email protected]
Or simply leave a comment here!
It's possible that you haven't noticed, but a lot of our app is blue! =P The name of this particular blend of blue #2C6A9F is "XtructBlue". We invented it last year, and it's our favorite color! In this release we fix an issue that caused our colors not to render correctly in most devices, but that's not the only thing that we are fixing in this release...
• NEW: Introducing translations to Turkish! Biz şimdi Türkçe konuşuyoruz! Evet, sadece biraz! :)
• FIXED: We fixed some minor translation issues in Italian and maybe other languages too.
• TELL US: Are there any languages that you want us to support? Did we make any embarrasing translation errors? Please tell us! :)
• IMPROVED: Hopefully you notice that the app is faster and more responsive! A lot of work went into this!
• CHANGED: Now, to edit the length of the beam you need to press the toolbar on the top of the screen, and you will find the "Beam Length" option next to the "Moment of Inertia" and "Elastic Modulus" settings. We made this change because before when the "Beam Length" labels were next to the beam in the main page, users would accidentally press them unintentionally. We believe that this change will make the app easier to use for everybody.
• NEW: In the space where the length buttons used to be, we placed some "deflection markers" that allow you to read the amount of deflection right next to the beam. It's pretty cool because it updates dynamically! Let us know if you like it!
OTHER MINOR CHANGES
• NEW: Now you can specify the units of angle values (for the slope diagram) to be "degrees".
• CHANGED: You might notice a few minor styling changes here and there.
• FIXED: Many little bugs that hopefully you never even knew existed...
Having issues with the latest version? Do you have any specific feature requests? Let us know! There's many ways to reach us:
email: [email protected]
Or simply leave a comment here :)