Yomiwa is a modern offline Japanese dictionary, including tons of features to help you read and learn Japanese. Yomiwa features powerful offline Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology, developed in-house and continuously improved over the past 6 years. Yomiwa's algorithms let you recognize over 4000 Japanese characters in your pictures or with your device camera. Japanese text is detected, recognized and parsed into words in a fraction of a second. Detailed information of each word and Kanji is then provided such as their pronunciation, conjugation, and their definition into many target languages. Yomiwa is the perfect companion to help you read books, mangas, signs, menu, and improve your Japanese reading skills while enjoying your favorite reading material. Yomiwa also has a built-in drawing feature for you to draw and translate Japanese characters on your touch-screen with very high accuracy.
• Full information about words and kanjis (on-yomi, kun-yomi, meaning, stroke order, compounds etc.)
• Around 200K exemples sentences
• Handwriting recognition
• Input characters by Drawing / Radical search / Keyboard
• Look up conjugated forms, even if they are incomplete
• Many target languages available: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Hungarian, Dutch, Slovene, Swedish and Hungarian.
• Search definitions in any kind of alphabet: Kanjis / Hiraganas / Katakanas / Romajis.
• You can search from Japanese words or from foreign words
• Build vocabulary lists of Japanese words, Kanjis or Sentences (which you can share as files or text in many ways)
• A proper names database (such as people names, places, locations...)
• Listen to the Japanese pronunciation of words and example sentences through the "Speak" function
OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION:
• A powerful Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine which lets you translate Japanese characters in images
• Yomiwa can recognize more that 4000 Japanese characters
• Recognize Japanese text with your Live Camera or on Still Pictures (from your camera roll)
• Read either horizontal or vertical Japanese text
• Paste some text, or import it from the OCR modes, into the text analyzer to get definitions of each word in the text
• Furiganas are also displayed automatically
• Furiganas in Safari: whenever you are browsing on a web page with some Japanese text, tap the "share" button at the bottom and select "Yomiwa Add Furiganas" to display all furiganas
• Listen to the Japanese text with the "Speak" function
• Get help from the user community by sharing pictures on the Yomiwa Wall
Yomiwa is perfect for:
• Upgrading your reading skills to the next level by reading any Japanese text with Yomiwa OCR technology
• Using as your everyday Japanese dictionary
• Increasing your vocabulary by building your own word lists
• Learning and study Japanese Kanjis
• Improving your Japanese skills!
We are very responsive to your feed-back and suggestions: [email protected]
• Bug fixes
• Added navigation arrows in the Text Analyzer mode
• Added Portuguese as a target language
• Add Furiganas in Safari! Whenever you are browsing on a web page with Japanese text, tap the "share" button at the bottom and select "Yomiwa Add Furiganas" to display all furiganas.
• You can now listen to the pronunciation of words and example sentences
• Added conjugations in the word detailed information
• Added a history list to see previously looked-up words
• Export pictures directly in Yomiwa to recognize the Japanese characters inside
• Added search by radicals
• Text Analyzer: Paste some text, or import it from the OCR modes, in the new text analyzer mode to get furiganas and definitions of each word in the text.
• When you enter Japanese text in the dictionary search bar and no results are found, the text may be decomposed into several words for which definitions are provided
• Better parsing of Japanese text
• Better ranking of word translations in OCR modes
• More detailed word informations (synonyms, antonyms, dialect, field etc.)
• You can now add personal notes to word informations (and see all of them in the vocabulary-lists section)
• In the dictionary mode, you can now search words that either start with / end with / contains the query word
• More detailed information for each Kanji such as JLPT level, grade, frequency, compounds etc.
• Added several languages to the dictionary, Yomiwa can now provide detailed information of Japanese words into: English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Hungarian, Dutch, Slovene, Swedish and Hungarian. Check out the download menu!
• Improved character recognition accuracy
• Yomiwa can now recognize around 4000 Japanese characters (~3000 before)
• Added more ways to share vocabulary lists
• Recognition of words split across multiple lines