Yomiwa is an easy offline way to translate Japanese with your camera. The app displays a pop up with English translations of single kanjis and words as soon as you point to Japanese characters with your iPhone or iPad. You can as well take a picture or pick one from your camera roll and navigate it to translate chosen characters. Yomiwa also lets you recognize Japanese characters by drawing them on your screen.
Tips / Features :
- translate into English all types of Japanese characters (kanji, hiragana, katakana)
- translate Japanese characters with the camera or from the camera roll pictures
- freeze the camera frame and navigate through the picture by dragging the cursor
- tap to focus, zoom by pinching and move the picture by dragging
- copy the recognized characters with a long press gesture
- draw characters on the screen to translate them
Video visible on the link below (developer website).
Feedback and suggestions are very welcome : email@example.com
- Bug fixes