Editorial is a plain text editor for the iPad with powerful automation tools and a beautiful inline preview for writing Markdown.
You can combine a large selection of simple text processing actions into your very own workflows — all in an intuitive drag'n'drop interface that makes it easy to see what's happening.
* Inline Markdown Preview – You can always swipe left to switch to a full HTML preview.
* Extensible with Workflows – More than 50 configurable actions can be combined into powerful workflows for extending Editorial's feature set.
* Scriptable with Python – You can also integrate scripts into your workflows for even more advanced automation.
* Sync with Dropbox – You can store your documents in a configurable Dropbox folder, and even view comparisons with older versions to see the progress you've made.
* Smart Keyboard – The extended keyboard was specifically designed for writing Markdown and includes all the special characters you need.
* Snippets – Quickly insert frequently-used pieces of text by typing abbreviations. Snippets can include dynamic text like the current date or clipboard contents. TextExpander™ snippets are also supported.
* In-App Browser – If you need to do some quick research while writing, you don't have to leave the app for that.
* Full Documentation – Editorial comes with a complete set of documentation for all the different workflow actions and Python modules. Help is directly accessible from the workflow and Python editors.
*** *** ***
“It would be hard to imagine a better editor, let alone recommend one that actually exists.” — The Verge
“This is it. Editorial sets a new standard for third-party iOS automation, and, for me, there’s no going back.” — Federico Viticci, MacStories
“Editorial just reinvented iOS text editing.” — Merlin Mann
* You can no longer download or open Python files from Dropbox.
* New setting to specify additional file extensions that should be downloaded from Dropbox automatically (e.g. images)
* TaskPaper mode:
- It is now easier to mark tasks as done in the iPhone version: Simply drag the right margin to the left.
- New setting to strike-out @done tasks.
* Browser bookmarks can now be reordered on the iPhone.
* Fixed bugs with updating TextExpander snippets.
* Fixed an issue with UI workflows not being saved on iPhone.
* Fixed a crash in the workflow editor when using a variable for single-line text fields.
* Fixed various bugs in the ui module