This is a maintenance release of MIDI Designer Limited 2 available for a short time for existing users.
Purchase MIDI Designer Pro 2 as a separate app available now in the App Store. Learn More at mididesigner.com
You can always find MIDI Designer Limited in the App Store app in the Purchased section.
Contact Support: support [at] mididesigner.com
[Sometimes you need a professional MIDI controller, but with just a few controls. MIDI Designer Limited provides the same rock-solid platform, ease of use and awesome playability of MDP2, but with just 12 controls. Embrace the simplicity.]
MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is the next generation of MIDI Designer Pro, which took the music-making world by storm when it launched in 2012. This is the full, professional version for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer Pro 2:
● Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
● Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
● Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
● A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
● Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
● The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
● Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
● Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
● Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
● Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
● Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
● Save, load and share your layouts and pages
● Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
● Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
● Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT'S NEW IN MDP2?
● Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
● IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
● Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
● Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
● Clavia: Nord Lead 4
● Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
● Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
● Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
● Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
● Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
● Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
● Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
● Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
● Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
● Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
● Strymon: "Trio" (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
● TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
● Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
● Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
Community Layouts: midiDesigner.com/community
MIDI Designer Limited is no longer offered for new users. This is an update targeted at existing users only. Thank you!
MIDI Designer Pro 2 Version 2.8.1 is a minor patch release, removing some minor pain points and fixing some bugs:
○ Option to remove welcome screen requires no IAP
○ New Tutorial Nag: just hit NO and it won't bother you until the tutorial changes (rarely)
○ BUG FIX: Channel Changer No Presets, channel for subcontrols was not being set correctly (thanks Georgios, helping push MD forward since 2012!!!)
○ Added more URLs to the list (PPG stuff, thanks Richard for helping!)
Getting ready to release updated versions of ALL the standalone versions of MD (MDXG, MDClav, MD77 and MDXW) and we'll be announcing two more later this week, too (Ibo Kai's second, and Helfried's first)!
Translations thanks to François, Matteo and Pol.
QUESTIONS: Do you have questions about MIDI Designer? Hit us up at support [at] mididesigner.com
LOVE: Do you love MIDI Designer? Give us a great rating here in the App Store!
SHOW OFF: Want to show off what you're doing with MD so we can feature it? Mail us at dan [at] mididesigner.com
STAY INFORMED: If you want to keep up with all things MIDI Designer, please sign up for the mailing list: mididesigner.com/signup
Dan and the MIDI Designer Team
See mididesigner.com/changelog for more information.