This is a maintenance release of MIDI Designer Limited 2 available for a short time for existing users.
Purchase MIDI Designer Pro 2 as a separate app available now in the App Store. Learn More at mididesigner.com
You can always find MIDI Designer Limited in the App Store app in the Purchased section.
Contact Support: support [at] mididesigner.com
[Sometimes you need a professional MIDI controller, but with just a few controls. MIDI Designer Limited provides the same rock-solid platform, ease of use and awesome playability of MDP2, but with just 12 controls. Embrace the simplicity.]
MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is the next generation of MIDI Designer Pro, which took the music-making world by storm when it launched in 2012. This is the full, professional version for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer Pro 2:
● Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
● Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
● Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
● A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
● Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
● The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
● Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
● Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
● Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
● Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
● Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
● Save, load and share your layouts and pages
● Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
● Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
● Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT'S NEW IN MDP2?
● Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
● IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
● Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
● Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
● Clavia: Nord Lead 4
● Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
● Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
● Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
● Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
● Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
● Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
● Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
● Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
● Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
● Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
● Strymon: "Trio" (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
● TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
● Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
● Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
Community Layouts: midiDesigner.com/community
2.9 is a major release focusing on panels, smaller new features and fixes.
• NEW: Panel Channel and Starting CC (thanks Todd)... see midiDR.com/panelChannel
• NEW: Panels can be grouping or not grouping ('Panel Controls' toggle, thanks Terry and others)
• NEW: Changed Snap to Value and Snap to Default Value timer under the hood to allow for smaller values to work properly (thanks Steven!)
• ADDED: Song Select MIDI message for Songbook and other apps (thanks Peter)
• ADDED: 4-byte device ID Roland Sysex Checksum (thanks fingerstyler)
• FIXED: Reappearing MIDI Dude
• FIXED: Picker values not being set/shown properly on layout load (thanks Michel!)
• FIXED: Buttons with no label showing "Distortion 1" (thanks Gary!)
• FIXED: Page Jump buttons on other side on phone not working (thanks Scott!)
• FIXED: iPhone 6, 6+, 7, 7+ not showing arrows
• FIXED: iPhone default layout not centered
• FIXED: Panel layering didn't make much sense (Thanks Michel!)
• FIXED: Panel selection and multiline-label control slowness. See mididr.com/qa/5820 for details (thanks Byron)
• FIXED: Bug in Channel Changers with no presets overriding presets (thanks Giovanni)
• FIXED: Bug on first load with controls that bridge left and right pages (iPad only, thanks Michel!)
Translations thanks to François, Matteo and Pol.
QUESTIONS: Do you have questions about MIDI Designer? Hit us up at support [at] mididesigner.com
LOVE: Do you love MIDI Designer? Give us a great rating here in the App Store!
SHOW OFF: Want to show off what you're doing with MD so we can feature it? Mail us at dan [at] mididesigner.com
STAY INFORMED: If you want to keep up with all things MIDI Designer, please sign up for the mailing list: mididesigner.com/signup
Dan and the MIDI Designer Team
See mididesigner.com/changelog for more information.