Artificial intelligence and music go well together. YouCompose is proof of that. With YouCompose you can easily accomplish complex compositional tasks in classical and jazz styles.
YouCompose comes with a powerful built-in assistant composer. She knows her music theory and can help you compose and arrange your music in many ways.
You give her your melodies and decide how they should be handled. She then finishes your composition, doing all the hard work that normally takes hours, but now is done in seconds.
It’s a great tool to create your own music for your movie, game or theatre productions for example. It's also great for songwriters but above all: it’s just fun to play with this app and enjoy its surprising results.
YouCompose is of great educational value as well. Many teachers from around the world already use YouCompose in their harmony, composition and orchestration classes.
- 80 instruments are included with high quality sounds. You'll find all regular orchestral instruments, keyboards, organs, guitars, basses, chorus, percussion and more.
- With over 40 preset ensembles you can quickly setup YouCompose for ensembles like a saxophone quartet, string quartet or orchestra, woodwinds or brass sections and much more.
Creating and editing:
- You create melodies using the built-in virtual keyboard or a MIDI keyboard, by entering single notes in a grid editor, by importing a melody from a MIDI file or by asking your assistant to make one for you. Your assistant composer will then harmonize these melodies in a classical or jazz style taking into account the instruments you selected.
- A composition can be edited in many ways. YouCompose allows you to copy, paste, move and delete movements, segments and individual notes.
- You can ask your assistant to compose a complete 3 or 4 movement classical or jazz symphony for your ensemble all by herself, or let her add a new movement to an existing one. She can do that based on her own melodies or on melodies you provide.
- You can control the way she harmonizes your melodies, by setting Harmonization Points and other options, or you can also leave that completely to her.
- If you wish you can even combine classical and jazz styles within one piece.
- Special tools allow you to enter lyrics, apply melodic transformations or create dynamic effects.
Sharing and saving:
- YouCompose is Audiobus, AudioCopy and Inter-App Audio compatible and supports background audio. This means that you can record its audio using Audiobus, GarageBand or any other Audiobus compatible or IAA host App. In Audiobus you will find remote triggers for reverb and output level adjustment. With AudioCopy you can copy audio from movements, parts, segments or fragments to any other AudioCopy compatible app.
- YouCompose is CoreMIDI compatible. This means that you can also utilize a MIDI keyboard, a MIDI sound module or synth apps running on your device together with YouCompose.
- You can export audio files directly to other apps on your device. Supported audio file formats are: MIDI, aac, m4a, aiff, caf and wav. A m4a file contains iTunes data like ‘artist’, ‘song name’ and ‘lyrics’. You can export audio from movements, parts, segments or fragments.
- You can view your composition’s full score and the individual parts (transposed when applicable), print them directly from YouCompose to an AirPrint compatible printer or export them to any PDF viewer like iBooks.
- You can save compositions to your device and load them again later. Additionally, YouCompose allows you to send and receive them from other devices running YouCompose via Dropbox, email or an AirDrop connection.
- You can share your composition with others by sending an email containing a YouCompose data file, m4a audio files, MIDI files and/or a PDF document with the full score and the individual (transposed) parts.
- Several sample compositions containing well known melodies are also included in the package.
New in YouCompose 3.8:
- Added audio export options ‘Export as loop’ or ‘Export as song’ and adjustable output level.
- Tempo range expansion (20 - 240 bpm).
- Added melody solo or 2 or 3 part harmonization per segment.
- Improved auto composed melodies.
- Added two auto composed forms, ‘Fugue’ and ‘Fugato’.
- Added ‘Fugato’ to auto composed symphonies.
- Added five new automatic harmonization point placing options, ‘Anticipate’, ‘Contra’, ‘Repeat first bar’, ‘Repeat 2 bars’ and ‘Repeat 4 bars’.
- Added new option to ‘combine repeating notes’ in Segment setting: ’Smart’.
- Improved retrograde function.
- Improved ‘Undo’ and ‘Redo’ functionality.
- Improved and extended ‘Composition info’ with Part and Segment info.
- ‘Composition info’ also available in PDF.
- Added adjustable overall audio output level.
- Velocity adjustment in tracks (Parts) is replaced by adjustable output level per track (Part).
- Added app setting: Toolbar on Main Screen can show current segment info tempo (bpm), key and time signature.
- Playback info in Title bar extended with current tempo (bpm), key and time signature.
- Documents folder is now accessible in iTunes.
- Bug fixes (importing MIDI files, playback very long notes or rests).
- Updated AudioCopy framework to version 3.4
This update is all about music. Composers as well as producers will find many improvements and new options.
YouComposers who rely on auto composition will be happy to find improved melodies and two new forms ‘Fugue’ and ‘Fugato’.
YouComposers who prefer to work with their own material will be pleased to find some great new features. In addition to 4 part harmonization they now can choose to have a solo melody or 2 or 3 part harmonization per segment. To speed up the composition process five new automatic harmonization point placing options were added and a ‘Smart’ setting for the ‘combine repeating notes’ setting. The ‘Undo’ and ‘Redo’ functionality is completely renewed and much easier to use.
Producers will find tools that make it easy to export audio loops for use in other apps. A new audio export option ‘Export as loop’ and an adjustable output level makes live easier for them. Also, to make the composition of loops easier, new automatic harmonization point placing options were added that allow YouComposers to repeat a pattern of harmonization points of one, two or four bars. Renewed and extended ‘Composition info’ with Part and Segment info that can be exported as PDF will help production of audio in other apps when using YouCompose material.