YouCompose allows everyone to compose great music. Based on artificial intelligence techniques YouCompose offers you a powerful built-in assistant composer. She knows her music theory and can help you compose and arrange your music in many ways.
You give her your melodies and decide how they should be handled. She then finishes your composition, doing all the hard work that normally takes hours, but now is done in seconds. With YouCompose you can easily accomplish complex compositional tasks in classical and jazz styles but above all: it’s just fun to play with this app and enjoy its surprising results.
YouCompose is of great educational value as well. Many teachers from around the world use YouCompose in their harmony, composition and orchestration classes.
- 80 instruments are included with high quality sounds. You'll find all regular orchestral instruments, keyboards, organs, guitars, basses, chorus, percussion and more.
- With over 40 preset ensembles you can quickly setup YouCompose for ensembles like a saxophone quartet, string quartet or orchestra, woodwinds or brass sections and much more.
Creating and editing:
- You create melodies using the built-in virtual keyboard or a MIDI keyboard, by entering single notes in a grid editor, by importing a melody from a MIDI file or by asking your assistant to make one for you. Your assistant composer will then harmonize these melodies in a classical or jazz style taking into account the instruments you selected.
- A composition can be edited in many ways. YouCompose allows you to copy, paste, move and delete movements, segments and individual notes.
- You can ask your assistant to compose a complete 3 or 4 movement classical or jazz symphony for your ensemble all by herself, or let her add a new movement to an existing one. She can do that based on her own melodies or on melodies you provide.
- You can control the way she harmonizes your melodies, by setting Harmonization Points and other options, or you can also leave that completely to her.
- If you wish you can even combine classical and jazz styles within one piece.
- Special tools allow you to enter lyrics, apply melodic transformations or create dynamic effects.
Sharing and saving:
- YouCompose is Audiobus, AudioCopy and Inter-App Audio compatible and supports background audio. This means that you can record its audio using Audiobus, GarageBand or any other Audiobus compatible or IAA host App. In Audiobus you will find remote triggers for reverb and output level adjustment. With AudioCopy you can copy audio from movements, parts, segments or fragments to any other AudioCopy compatible app.
- YouCompose is CoreMIDI compatible. This means that you can also utilize a MIDI keyboard, a MIDI sound module or synth apps running on your device together with YouCompose.
- You can export audio files directly to other apps on your device. Supported audio file formats are: MIDI, aac, m4a, aiff, caf and wav. A m4a file contains iTunes data like ‘artist’, ‘song name’ and ‘lyrics’. You can export audio from movements, parts, segments or fragments.
- You can view your composition’s full score and the individual parts (transposed when applicable), print them directly from YouCompose to an AirPrint compatible printer or export them to any PDF viewer like iBooks.
- You can save compositions to your device and load them again later. Additionally, YouCompose allows you to send and receive them from other devices running YouCompose via Dropbox, email or an AirDrop connection.
- You can share your composition with others by sending an email containing a YouCompose data file, m4a audio files, MIDI files and/or a PDF document with the full score and the individual (transposed) parts.
- Several sample compositions containing well known melodies are also included in the package.
- Added time signature setting with separate numerator and denominator, allowing time signatures 2/2, 3/2, 4/2, 5/2, 6/2, 7/2, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 8/4, 9/4, 3/8, 4/8, 5/8, 6/8, 7/8, 8/8 and 9/8.
- Added new form: Scherzo
- Improved auto composed melodies
- Notation improvements in scores
- MIDI file export skips empty parts.
- Different shade of green for empty generated fragments.
- Audio Export: resolved a bug: when exporting only one part it was not always assigned to the right instrument.
- In auto composed sonatas: resolved a bug that produced notes outside the parts range in development segments.
Once again an update all about music and composition. The new time signatures greatly enhances the musical palette of the composer. The ‘assistant composer’ benefits from this too in a new form 'Scherzo' that occasionally will be part of a classical 4 part symphony as well. She improved on her melodies too.
When you are in music production you will probably like that exported MIDI files no longer contain empty tracks and that a bug was eliminated that sometimes causes the wrong instrument to be assigned to a one track export.