IMPORTANT: The newest version of this app is Air Display 3. But that only connects to a Mac. This is the one to get if you have Windows. It's also the latest if you have a Mac on OS X 10.7 (Lion) or an iOS device on iOS 6.
(1) The Air Display Host is not yet compatible with Windows 10. Stay tuned.
(2) The Air Display Host drivers are not compatible with PCs that have “dual-graphics switching.” To determine if you have that feature, open Windows Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters section. If you see both Intel and either Nvidia or AMD graphics adapters, you probably have dual-graphics switching.
With that out of the way, let us tell you about Air Display 2…
Use Air Display 2 to turn your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a wireless display for your PC. Increase your productivity with extra screen real estate or mirror your PC computer display to your iOS device.
“You have a bunch of different options to turn your iPad into a second display, but we prefer Air Display as the easiest option.” — Lifehacker
With Air Display, you can wirelessly extend your computer desktop to gain more space or you can mirror your computer's screen to your iOS device and control your computer with intuitive iOS touch gestures and/or Air Display's elegant built in keyboard. Got a Bluetooth keyboard? you can use that too!
Air Display consists of an iOS app and a separate free app that you install on your computer. Both your PC and iOS client (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch) must be on the same Wi-Fi network to use Air Display.
Again, only with fewer words:
• Wirelessly extend or mirror your computer screen to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Control your computer wirelessly via touch gestures from your iOS device
• Type using Air Display's built-in keyboard or any Bluetooth keyboard
• Fully compatible with Retina-resolution screens
• Both computer and iOS device must be on the same Wi-Fi network
• iOS device: iOS 6 and above
• Mac OS X host: 10.7 and above
• Windows host: 7 or 8 (32 or 64-bit)
---- Windows 7 Starter Edition, Home Basic, and Vista are not supported
---- Windows 10 is NOT supported yet. Stay tuned.
---- IMPORTANT: The Air Display Host drivers are not compatible with PCs that have “dual-graphics switching.” To determine if you have that feature, open Windows Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters section. If you see both Intel and either Nvidia or AMD graphics adapters, you probably have dual-graphics switching.
— App of the Week, Accounting Today, May 29, 2013
— 50 Must-Have iPad Apps, TIME, April 12, 2013
— 100 Best iPad Apps, PCMag.com, November 15, 2012
— 7 Must-Have Productivity Apps for iPad, ZDNet, April 9, 2012
Thank you for reading. We'd love to hear how you use Air Display to get things done.
Removed link to discounted Air Display 3 Upgrade Bundle. (The upgrade bundle is still available, it just felt a little intrusive to notify about it within the app. Please note that Air Display 3 doesn't connect to Windows, so if you're on Windows, Air Display 2 is still what you want.)
Fixed a nasty crash bug on iOS 9.x.
Thank you for your support! Want to stay up to date? Follow @avatron on Twitter, or sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the avatron.com home page.