RayLab is an application for design and simulation of optics. It can be used either as a learning tool or for design of real optical systems.
Key features include:
• Support for Lenses, Mirrors, Lens Arrays, Diffraction Gratings, Prisms, and Fresnel Lenses.
• Full control over placement and shape of optical components.
• Full control over aspheric surface shape parameters.
• Full geometric ray tracing.
• Sequential and Non Sequential analysis.
• Front Focal Length, Back Focal Length, Principle Surface calculations.
• Ability to perform optimizations of design parameters.
• Tutorial examples.
• Advanced Optical Elements
• Multi-Configuration Manager
• Ray Transfer Matrix calculation
• Various glass property catalogs
• 3D Modeling
• Zemax Importer
• Multiple Analysis Windows:
-- Fan Ray Diagram.
-- Wavefront Error Plot.
-- Grid Distortion Plot.
-- Spot Diagram.
-- Chromatic Aberration.
-- Gaussian Spot Size.
* Add ability to add components from one model to another.
* Lens arrays now support Hexagonal and Square modes.
* Improvements to analysis reports.
* Improvements to Ray Color options.