** Selected for the AppStore's 'Best of 2014' for iPad! **
* Features 10 interactive experiments, including the new additions “Earth to Mars” and “Evolution of a Star” (both available in the Stars & Planets Pack)
How does the universe work? Stephen Hawking’s Snapshots of the Universe explains the principles that control our universe through simple and fun experiments.
From one of the world’s greatest thinkers you’ll learn why:
- Planets stay in orbit around stars
- Black holes may not actually be black
- Time is not the same for everyone
- Stars cannot exist without fuel
- Travelling between planets requires the right timing
- Objects fall at different speeds
- Stars are not always where we perceive them to be
- Motion and location depend on an outside observer
- Gravity and acceleration have more in common than you think
- Our understanding of the universe has evolved over time.
Based on the work and writings of Stephen Hawking, this app teaches both adults and students the basic theories that govern our lives on Earth as well as the movement of the stars and planets. You can play and learn at the same time in each of the ten experiments included in Snapshots of the Universe:
- Spin planets in orbit with your own solar system
- Pilot a ship from Earth to Mars
- Drop objects with Galileo to learn about gravity
- Let Einstein feel some G-force in outer space
- Search for black holes in the constellation of Leo
- Form and grow your own stars
- Discover Einstein’s warped worldview
- Plus more…
Each experiment includes an interactive portion and a deeper-dive text section to help you understand the science and key theories. In addition, select experiments include video segments that provide further visual explanations.
App Support: If you experience any problems with the Snapshots of the Universe app, please e-mail us at [email protected]
Minor bug fixes and updates for iOS 9.