Privacy Protector is a powerful and effective way to securely get rid of files and data that may invade your privacy and act as potential threats to your Mac. You can use this app to remove a host of sensitive information that can be used to track your activities. Specifically, it clears your cache files, cookies, browsing history, and more, all at the click of a button.
Privacy Protector uses the highest industry encryption standards to ensure that data removal is thorough, yet safe and secure. You can manually adjust the level of security you want in the deletion process, with the ability to overwrite files with up to 35 passes to ensure complete removal of sensitive information. Moreover, removal of data not only ensures you maintain your privacy, you also gain back valuable disk space upon cleansing your system.
Use Privacy Protector for the following:
• Internet Browsers: Remove Caches, Cookies, History, Downloads, Forms, Recent Searches, Web Storage, Last Session Information and much more
• QuickTime Player: Remove Caches, Download Quarantine History, Recent Items
• Finder: Remove Download Quarantine History, Recent Items
• Preview: Remove Recent Items
• Empty Mail Downloads
• Remove Flash Cookies
All of the above fields can be individually toggled on/off depending on exactly what you wish to delete.
We've worked hard to make Privacy Protector as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback, love and support!
- Added support for Touch Bar
- User interface improvements