*** Jan. 2016 Starbucks Pick of the Week ***
*** Top 100 Productivity in 97 countries ***
It's often really hard to find the time to read everything on your reading list. Speaky is a very efficient way to solve that problem because you don't have to read yourself anymore, this app does it for you.
How it works? Give the link of your web article to Speaky and that's it. It will extract the main content, detect the language and read it out loud to you. You can retrieve content from your favorite news websites or use your Pocket's queue.
"Articles in your Speaky queue play without an internet connection, so you can breeze through a New Yorker treatise as you ride the subway or catch up on world news on your next international flight." - New York Magazine
"Speaky is a handy tool that helps you multitask by listening instead of reading. Whether it’s an entertaining article on the Web or an important PDF for work, you can give your eyes a rest or just get more done with this intuitive voice reader." - AppAdvice
"The Pocket integration really makes it a lot easier to catch up on those articles you put off on reading." - Lifehacker
• Smart text extraction
• Reading, Speed Reading and Editing
• Web Articles and Simple Text Documents
• Spoken text displayed and highlighted
• Audio controls with Play/Stop, Restart and Progress
• No internet connection required for reading entries
• Multiple voices for all languages supported by iOS
• Apple Watch app to control Speaky from your wrist
• Share Extension to add entries from other apps
• Today Widget to get a quick overview of your reading list
• Handoff support to continue your readings between devices
• 3 color themes with Dark Mode for better comfort in low-light
• Settings to customize your experience (language, voice rate, etc.)
• Multitasking and Background audio support (control center, lockscreen)
• Universal app that runs great on all Apple devices: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Apple Watch
• The text extraction algorithm is mainly focused on web articles. Speaky provides a basic support for simple PDF where text is the main component, Plain text, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, RTF and HTML files. Complex formats such as ePub files, iBooks, Kindle books and DAISY books are not supported at this time.
• Articles from websites that require a membership to access the full text of an entry (Wall Street Journal, New York Times, etc.) and Private databases (companies, universities, etc.) are not supported at this time.
Arabic, Chinese (China, Hong Kong SAR China, Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch (Belgium, Netherlands), English (Australia, Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States), Finnish, French (Canada, France), German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
Hello again to all the new users from the January 2016 Starbucks Pick of the Week!
This major update is all about Apple Watch:
• New design to improve navigation
• Better live data sync with the paired iPhone
• Bigger and better controls for the audio player
• Improved background audio support (First launch & Glance)
If you’re enjoying Speaky and use it daily, would you mind taking a moment to write (or repost) a review? They’re greatly appreciated and even just the 5 stars are really helpful. Thank you so much for your support!