Neutron is an advanced music player with close-to-metal 32/64-bit audio engine which delivers the best possible Hi-Fi grade quality of sound on your iOS device.
Neutron offers high-resolution audio playback without frequency resampling and bits truncation if internal/external DAC supports it.
Thanks to input/output network capabilities Neutron is the only application in the market capable of sending audio to the network renderers (UPnP/DLNA, Chromecast) with all DSP effects applied including true gapless playback.
It features the sophisticated UI with advanced options and controls for music playback. It is not an easy or another 'pop' music player, it is developed for audiophiles and those who really in love with music!
* 32/64-bit audio processing (high quality HD audio).
* OS and platform independent decoding and audio processing.
* Hi-Res Audio support (internal/external DACs).
* Bit-perfect playback.
* Audio formats: MP3, OGG (Vorbis), FLAC, OPUS, AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE (Monkey's Audio), WV (WavPack), MPC (MusePack), WAV, AU, AIFF.
* DSD decoding (requires fast CPU, minimally DSD64).
* DOP (DSD over PCM), DXD.
* Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M.
* Voice audio format: SPEEX.
* Playlists: CUE, M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, XSPF, WPL.
* Lyrics (.LRC files, metadata).
* Streaming audio (plays Internet radio streams, Icecast).
* Supports large media libraries.
* Network music sources:
- SMB/CIFS network device (NAS or PC, Samba shares);
- UPnP/DLNA media server;
- FTP server;
- WebDAV server.
* Output to Chromecast (up to 24-bit, 192 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects).
* Output to UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer (up to 24-bit, 768 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects).
* Direct output to USB DAC (via USB OTG adapter, up to 32-bit, 768 kHz).
* 32-bit output (IEEE 754, optional).
* UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer server (gapless, DSP effects).
* Device local music library management via internal FTP server.
* DSP effects:
- Parametric Equalizer (4-30 band, fully configurable: type, frequency, Q, gain);
- Graphic EQ mode with 21 common presets;
- Surround Sound (Ambiophonic R.A.C.E.);
- Crossfeed (better stereo sound perception in headphones);
- Compressor / Limiter (compression of dynamic range);
- Speaker (per channel: delay, attenuation, DSP filter);
- Dithering (minimize quantization);
- Pitch, Tempo (playback speed and pitch correction);
- Phase Inversion (channel polarity change).
* Speaker overload protecting filters: Subsonic, Ultrasonic.
* Normalization by Peak, RMS (Preamp gain calculation after DSP effects).
* Replay Gain from metadata.
* Gapless playback (sample accurate).
* Hardware and Preamp volume controls.
* High quality real-time optional resampling (Quality and Audiophile modes).
* Real-time Spectrum and RMS analyzers.
* Balance (L/R).
* Mono mode.
* Playback modes: Shuffle, Loop, Single Track, Sequential, Queue.
* Playlist management.
* Media library grouping by: album, artist, composer, genre, year, rating, folder.
* Artist grouping by 'Album Artist' category.
* Folder mode.
* Clock mode.
* Timers: sleep, wake.
* Supports any screen resolution.
* Interface languages: Русский, 中文 (繁体), 中文 (简体), 한국어, 日本語, Việt, ไทย, Deutsch, Italiano, Indonesian, Malay, Nederlands, Français, English, Español, ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Polski, العربية, Türk.
Neutron is under active development!
Technical support e-mail:
Please report bugs directly by e-mail or via forum and provide usage example that will help to fix the problem as soon as possible. Your kind patience, help and participation are highly appreciated!
* DLNA® is trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
- replaced STA with crossover-like Speaker DSP (per channel: delay, attenuation, filter);
- group multiselect;
- Wake-Up Timer: volume control, ability to choose wake playlist;
- Audio Focus options: Stop Always, Volume;
- support multi-track Musepack (CUE);
- gain parameter for Band-Pass/Stop filter.
- DSD to PCM decoding speed;
- AGP processor's detection latency to 10-20 msec granulation;
- gapless trimming of AAC according Apple's docs;
- database integrity tolerance to process kill;
- extract year from album name if missing.
- Replay Gain could be missing from AAC;
- Un, Les, Le determinators cut out if non-French interface or system locale selected and corresponding option in Media Library is activated;
- gapless delay trimming could make AAC file not playing due to always 0 returned buffer;
- do not keep showing album art from previous track when screen is switched on;
- Artist name could be replaced with Various Artists for the playlist track if Group By Album Artist option is active;
- track number of the Album is shown in notification instead of track list index.