Platforms Unlimited is a procedural, minimalistic, zen, madly hard one-button endless platformer! An arcade game like in the old times when simplicity, fun and challenge ruled.
--- Comments by the Press----
- (4/5) Cult of Mac “What [Platforms Unlimited] is … is addictive.”
- (4/5) Touch Arcade “An endless supply of constantly evolving environments, coupled with finely tuned jumping, will keep you coming back for a long time”
- (4.5/5) 148Apps “Platforms Unlimited takes the formula of The Impossible Game and similar titles: geometric shapes thrust into platforming environments filled with adversity. This game’s twist? Procedurally-generated levels. This immense variety serves as the core of an incredibly well-made game.”
- (4/5) Pocket Gamer “Deft controls and smart random level generation lead to one of the freshest endless-runners in some time”
- (4/5) Appguiden
- iPlayApps.de “This challenging arcade platformer pulled us into its spell ...”
- Covered at the 148Apps Live Show
- Minimalistic: Touch the screen to jump, touch longer to jump farther.
- Avoid red enemies.
- The score increases by 1 every second.
- Collect coins for a bonus of 4 score points. Also used for rewards.
- Collect power-ups for gameplay bonuses.
- The difficulty lies in the required jumping precision and the analysis of procedural levels to find a way through.
- The sound effects on landing, which are characterized by the level, help with timing.
- Procedural endless levels: every game feels different.
- Missions system: complete up to 3 missions in a game for coins rewards.
- Power-ups and trails upgrades: use your rewards to unlock and upgrade power-ups or to change the look of your trail.
- Dailies: beat 3 new 'fixed' levels every day.
- Armageddon Mode: totally unfair and fun (no power-up, coins give no score)
- Game Center leaderboard and achievements
- Video replay and share options
- Fixed issues related to iOS 8 and iPhone 6