Fotograf stands apart for three things: extreme film-like color fidelity, fully customizable presets (you can even design presets on your computer with CameraBag 2 for Mac/PC), and an elegant, no-fuss interface.
What makes photos taken and processed in Fotograf look so film-like? The technical term is bit depth. With Fotograf, every pixel of your image is processed with an astounding 96-bit color depth - Photoshop on your desktop uses only 24 bits per pixel by default. This allows each color component in Fotograf to have over 2 billion levels of brightness, versus only 256 in standard photo editors. What this really means is smoother color gradations, deeper tone ranges, and sharper details, no matter how many adjustments or filters you apply. It’s the closest you can get to RAW photography on your iPhone.
Fotograf comes with a core set of 25 filters that cover the most timeless styles in classic photography. You can infinitely grow your collection of filters with downloadable add-on sets, by crafting your own presets within the app, or by creating filters from scratch on your computer with our award-winning CameraBag 2 software for Mac and PC.
We’ve obsessively crafted Fotograf’s interface to make all the things you do most with your photos as painless as possible. The filter thumbnails are stacked two high and grouped so you don’t have to endlessly scroll to get to the filter you want. Adjustment sliders all have previews to let you visually see at a glance how they’ll adjust your photo. Everything is where you expect, and there are no gimmicks.
Cool things to try in Fotograf:
- Take a photo with manual exposure - the exposure slider in Fotograf's built-in camera is tuned to give you the highest-fidelity results
- Use Fotograf in landscape orientation, then you don’t have to keep switching how you hold the phone between taking photos and filtering
- Try autofilter mode to have your selected filter applied to all the photos you take automatically - you can take a bunch of filtered photos in a row without having to filter and save each one individually
- Use Fotograf on your iPad or your iPhone - Fotograf is universal
- Design a filter on your computer with CameraBag 2 and then import it into Fotograf (additional purchase required)
- If you like a filter but you prefer it tuned down a bit, adjust its amount slider and then save it as a new preset
- Save your everyday basic adjustments (contrast, exposure, etc) as a filter to easily, automatically apply them to photos
- If your photo is too bright, you can turn down the exposure and commit the adjustments, then you can see your newly adjusted photo in every filter without re-adjusting the exposure each time.
- Swipe down to hide the editing tools, then tap or swipe left or right to quickly preview the filters one by one
- Buy all of Fotograf’s existing and future add-on filter sets with a single “Everything Forever” in-app purchase.
- Filter sections are collapsible
- Filter updates
- App will now start either in the camera or the library chooser, depending on which you last used
- Social media follow buttons fixed - follow us!
If you love Fotograf, please do us a favor and take a minute to leave us a review in the App Store, thanks!