** No. 1 in the Lifestyle category of the Mac App Store **
** Award Winner of Mac Informer 5* Editor's Pick Award **
** App of the Week in Mac.informer, Macitynet and Macgasm **
"Backgrounds is, as the name implies, a Desktop background utility that truly, madly, deeply thinks different. Instead of merely changing the photo, Backgrounds changes everything" -Mac360
"It is designed for Mac users who want to make the backgrounds of their computer screens more attractive, stylish, and dynamic. This can be done by adding brand new features and helpful widgets to your screen to achieve an exquisite and original desktop appearance." -mac.informer
"Great App! The simplicity yet performance and customization is impressive! Nice job! XB" -Xan Bar
"My favorite thing is that it doesn’t compress video if you choose a video as a wallpaper, so my native 4k videos don’t get degraded." -rkzemke
Your desktop, like never before.
Make your wallpaper more interesting and useful with 7 themes: Music, Parallax, Video, Quartz, System, Clock and Web.
Includes a Notification Center Today Widget.
Includes 2 Screen Savers: Glass and Quartz X.
Hide your Desktop icons easily and enjoy your wallpaper. As it’s meant to be.
See the artwork of the current track you are hearing as a wallpaper, or a video you have added to Backgrounds that matches the song’s title, artist, album or comments. Excellent for playing music videos.
• Compatible with iTunes, Spotify and Swinsian
Give depth to your desktop by moving the cursor.
• Take advantage of your Panoramas and create immersive wallpapers
• Supports Photos Albums
Play video as your desktop wallpaper. Express yourself with your own videos and live wallpapers.
• Supports Photos Albums
• Video Library
- A subscription to access a curated collection of videos to use as your wallpaper. Expand your collection and enjoy your video wallpaper
Run Quartz Compositions as a wallpaper. Make your own Quartz Compositions or download them.
• Access to iTunes, Spotify and Swinsian current track info
Monitor your Mac’s CPU and Network usage.
• Get a glance of your system’s stats from Notification Center with the today widget
Know the time or date right from your Desktop
Load a webpage as your wallpaper. Create your own or use an existing one.
• Includes 3D Parallax
Notification Center Today Widget
Monitor your CPU and Network usage. Check your Mac’s stats right from the Notification Center, wherever you are, without leaving your apps.
Available up to Catalina.
• Quartz X: Run a Quartz Composition while you are away from your Mac. Visualize your music artwork and info when playing music with iTunes, Spotify or Swinsian
• Glass: a transparent Screen Saver. Lock your Mac and see what it's doing, from your music artwork, to a task in progress, the system status, anything
• Supports Multiple Monitors with different preferences each
• You can even combine them. Activate the System and Clock widgets so they are always on top, even when you are using other themes
• Set an idle theme so when your Mac is idle it automatically activates a theme even in full screen so you can watch a video, see your music artwork, the system stats and more
Enjoy it, spread the love and share it with your friends.
We appreciate your comments. Let us know how we can help you.
Backgrounds Video Library HD is available as an optional subscription. The subscription will be charged through your Apple ID account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions at any time by going to your account settings on the Mac App Store or clicking Manage Subscriptions.
Backgrounds 9.1 introduces the Video Library subscription, a curated collection of videos to use as your wallpaper. This update also includes improvements and bug fixes.
• Introduces a subscription to access a curated collection of videos to use as your wallpaper. Expand your collection and enjoy your video wallpaper
• ⌘ Command-click to hide other apps or show all the apps
Have any feedback? Let us know at [email protected] or tweet us @BackgroundsMac