3DPlay is an application of Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, which allows you to instinctively visualize and experiment 3D objects.
Multi-touch gestures let you pan, zoom, rotate 3D objects easily. 3DPlay also provides original and fun Experiences like the explode of the sub-parts of an assembly with ‘Matrix Effect’ or a disassemble Experience with a gravity effect.
3DPlay allows to connect to content services of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform (3DSwYm or Collaborative Space), providing the capability to visualize the 3D Objects that are stored in them. 3DPlay provides also integrated collaboration services in order to connect people inside and outside the enterprise, within a single visual and intuitive 3D environment.
* Experiment 3D content hosted by 3DEXPERIENCE Platform: 3DSwYm media or native data hosted in a Collaborative Space
* Experiment Physical Simulation Results generated by SIMULIA® products and stored in a Collaborative Space (Required In-App Simulation Experience Enabler to access all capabilities)
* Experiment 3D Content (3DXML, STEP, STEPZ) coming from any source: email attachments, cloud storage services, 3D content web sites, and iTunes® File Sharing
* Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
* Zoom, pan and rotate your 3D Objects within an instinctive multi-touch environment
* Within the Play Experience, ability to choose the scenario to experiment on the 3D Object
* Create freehand 3D annotations
* Cut elements with one finger, measure dimensions, hide of show 3D parts
* Integrated tool allowing to grab the screen and to share the generated image by email, save to Photo Gallery or print it via AirPrint®
* Mix your 3D objects with pictures to create 3DCollages
* Sample 3D Objects available through an In-App purchase (free)
NOTE : 3DPlay needs to be activated either by using your DS Passport (email/login and password) or by creating your own account. It takes no more than a few seconds to access all DS online services and it is totally FREE. 3DPlay will guide you thru this activation process.
DS Passport is also available on the Web at :
- Create 3DCollages by mixing images and 3D models
- Interactive switch of Visualization Modes for iPad Air 2 and later iPads
- Bug fixes and UI improvements