Turn your iPhone or iPad into the ultimate remote control for your Mac. Take full control over your Mac – use your iOS device as a trackpad and keyboard or launch any app from anywhere within your home.
Tired of sitting on the couch, having to handle keyboard and mouse on your lap to control your media center Mac? Use Remote Control on your iPhone as a trackpad and keyboard to comfortably browse on the big screen TV. Using AirPlay Mirroring and an Apple TV, your Mac could be located anywhere in your home. Simply select your Apple TV from the list of available AirPlay devices and control your Mac from the comfort of your couch or bed.
You can even start any app on your Mac, send your Mac to sleep, wake it up and perform many more useful actions to control your Mac remotely. All you need to do is download the Mac Helper application and connect your Mac and iOS device to the same WiFi. Remote Control will guide you through the simple setup process.
AT A GLANCE
- Control volume, playback and Airplay mirroring of your Mac;
- Use your iOS device as a Mac trackpad and keyboard;
- Launch and quit Apps on your Mac comfortably from your iOS device;
- Control any app on your Mac using its menu;
- Restart or shut down your Mac, change display brightness and many more useful actions;
- Enjoy the ease of use in a slick user interface you will love;
- Use the Personal Hotspot of your iOS device to control your Mac when you don’t have access to other networks;
- 3 steps, under 30 seconds super easy setup.
- Amazon Prime Video
- LIFEHACKER: "This iOS app lets me control nearly every aspect of my Mac from my iPhone or iPad"
- MACSTORIES: "Remote for Mac is perfect for controlling a Mac that serves as a media center"
- MACOBSERVER: "This setup gives me full control of my Mac in the palm of my hand from anywhere in my house"
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or above and free helper app installed;
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 10 or above;
- Shared wireless network connection between your computer and iOS device.
Download free helper app from https://cherpake.com/get
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please give the app a quick rating on the App Store.
* Fix issue connecting on Personal Hotspot
* Minor bug fixes
* Added force touch/long press to activate app
* Setting to enable pinch to zoom
* Minor bug fixes
* Added F1-F12 keys (just swipe left on the aux. keyboard)
* Better support for external keyboard
* Translate some strings & metadata
Main focus of this update is to make the app more user friendly by moving some stuff around. Bring to front most used features, and simplify interactions.
* Airplay Display controls now appear along with other media control tabs
* Scheduled system actions now appear when tapping on clock icon in the SYSTEM tab
* Keyboard can be shown and dismissed by tapping keyboard button in the trackpad view
* Show when left mouse button is locked in pressed state
* Fix crash occurring after scanning QR code
# Requires macOS 10.10 or above and helper app ver. 9.8.0 or above
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please take a moment to rate the app on the App Store.