Halide is an award-winning camera app listed in Macworld's "Must Have Apps," The Verge's "Apps We Love," and picked by The Sweet Setup as "Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone." Daring Fireball says, “This sort of maniacal attention to the smallest of details deserves to be celebrated.”
Halide is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful UI designed from scratch for iPhone 8 and iPhone X, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe. Halide’s professional tools include focus peaking, histograms, adaptive level grid, manual depth capture, and RAW support on supported phones.* Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface
- On iPhone X and later, a custom-designed UI that is completely usable with one hand
- Manual Depth Capture. Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR.
- Focus peaking and powerful manual focus
- Full manual controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Live histograms for perfect exposure*
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots*
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- Quick-review of your last few shots
- Intelligent automatic and manual mode
Histograms require iPhone 6 or later. (6, 6S, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, SE)
RAW requires iPhone 6S or later. (6S, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, SE)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8 Plus, X, XS, or XR.
Halide 1.12 helps you capture better photos with two big improvements.
Smart RAW is now even smarter. We use machine learning to optimize exposure in Auto mode to improve the dynamic range and further reduce noise. We call it Smart RAW v1.5.
We've added a color histogram, to help identify when a single color channel is about to be clipped. No more muddy, washed out roses! To toggle between color and luminance, just tap the histogram. If you want to read more about this and how histograms work, be sure to check our latest post at blog.halide.cam.
Finally, if you love Halide, we're excited to say we're launching another app later this month. Be sure to follow @halidecamera on Twitter for the news. And don't forget to tag your photos #ShotWithHalide. Seeing what you make is the best part of our job.
-- Ben & Sebastiaan