**Please note Halide is not free. We offer a 7-day free trial for annual memberships. Don't like subscriptions? You can also buy the app outright with a single in-app purchase.**
Halide is an App Store Editor's Choice, award-winning camera from the team behind Spectre, Apple's App of the Year of 2019. Its multitude of awards include iMore's "App of the Year 2020," Macworld's "Must Have Apps," The Verge's "Apps We Love," and The Sweet Setup's "Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone."
Halide is the most powerful camera for iPhone with the most elegant, simple design — A pro camera for everyone.
This is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful interface designed from scratch for the latest iPhones and inspired by the controls of professional cameras, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe, or switch from its powerful automatic mode to manual shooting. Halide’s professional tools are the most powerful in the App Store, with XDR (Extended Dynamic Range) 14-bit RAW streaming waveform views, color zebras, focus assists like focus peaking and loupe, histograms, an adaptive level grid, and manual depth capture. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
Halide’s ProRAW support* is unmatched. Strike the right balance between file size and editing latitude by choosing between 12-bit and 10-bit ProRAW, with or without JPEG sidecars. Effortlessly switch to native RAW, for greater detail and speed.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface, usable with one hand
- Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR and iPhone SE
- Manual focus, and powerful tools like a Focus Loupe and Focus Peaking
- Smart automatic mode with Halide Smart RAW, optimizing settings with Machine Learning for RAW files with less noise and more detail
- Full manual exposure controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Best-on-iPhone exposure tools: histograms, XDR 14-bit RGB waveform, and color zebra stripes
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- A powerful reviewer to view DNG, JPG, HEIC and Live Photos, as well as Portrait depth data and mattes, with a detailed metadata view
- Instant RAW development process to quickly develop your RAW files in a tap
- Technical Readout to view all details of your iPhone camera hardware
- Apple Watch companion app for remote shooting
- Siri Shortcuts support to trigger the shutter remotely, or open Halide in Auto or Manual mode
- Coverage, a powerful new feature to take two photos with a small delay to capture both a maximum-Smart HDR processed image with Deep Fusion and Smart HDR, as well as a DNG RAW.
- Become a better photographer by signing up for comprehensive lessons like a 10-day quick tutorial right from the app.
- Private by Design: Halide does not include any trackers or tracking, has not third party libraries, does not collect data or photos, and never transmits any information. Halide also includes features to reduce spying by companies like Facebook by limiting location information on photos shared from the app.
- Feature limitations:
*ProRAW requires iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max or iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
The Ultra Wide and selfie cameras do not support RAW or manual focus unless on iOS 15.
Waveform requires iPhone 8 or later. (8, X, XS, XR, SE2, 11, 12, 13)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8, X, XS, XR, 11, 12, 13 or SE2
READY FOR OUR CLOSE-UP
Today we’re excited to bring you Halide 2.10 - bringing an intelligent-binned 2× zoom to our iPhone 14 Pro users, along with updates to Depth mode (focus peaking!), speedups and fixes all around.
Halide 2.10 follows closely on Halide 2.9, which brought your favorite camera app to new heights with 48 megapixel capture support, 12MP binned capture, 48 megapixel HEIC capture and more!
Capture ProRAW 48 or 12 megapixels on iPhone 14 Pro, including with manual settings!
This update lets you shoot with the maximum quality or lower processed ProRAW right in Halide. Take photos with full manual control, including 10 or 12-bit for smaller filesizes. Note: native RAW is not available in 48MP, only 12MP.
48/12MP QUICK TOGGLE
Quickly toggle between 48 and 12 MP capture with a long-press on the format picker!
You don’t always want the long capture time, huge file sizes and noise of a 48MP file. Halide lets you quickly jump from 48 to 12 MP captures on iPhone 14 Pro, putting you in control with a tap.
48MP HEIC/JPG CAPTURE
Take advantage of the huge new detailed 48 megapixel sensor by taking 48MP processed images, straight to HEIC or JPG depending on your settings. These files come in as little as 1/25th the size of a 48MP ProRAW file and capture 2.5× faster, while retaining incredible detail.
MF IN DEPTH
That’s right: we are bringing manual focus to Depth Capture. Manual focus is now enabled on the new iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro front-facing cameras, for exact manual focus. We have extended Depth mode to now allow for manual focus in addition to depth on all iPhones that support it! Whoa. It's a crazy effect, and we hope you have fun with it.
Further improvements to Image Rescue - ahead of future iOS updates, you might still need Image Rescue if iOS fails to save images to your Photos library. This bug will soon be fixed.
Updates to our awesome new Lock Screen widgets, letting you use Halide from your Lock Screen
This is our first release on this major new iPhone camera, so please continue to send us any bugs, issues or other feedback you have when you install this update on something new and shiny. Thank you!
We are happy to announce you can now access Halide from your lock screen! iOS 16 introduces new Lock Screen Widgets, which lets us finally release the most-requested feature in the history of Halide. Halide 2.8 introduces 7 Lock Screen widgets, letting you:
open Halide from the Lock Screen;
jump right into your ultra-wide, wide, or telephoto lens;
open Halide into Auto or Manual mode;
open Halide in Macro mode.
Be sure to follow @halidecamera on Twitter and @halideapp on Instagram to stay up to date on all our big announcements!
PS: If you ran into an issue with Halide being unable to save your photos, we have good news. Updating to iOS 16.1 fixes an issue in the OS that caused camera apps to not save photos at times. Up to date or not, Halide will always save unsaved photos in its Image Rescue. Check the photo gallery in Halide if your shots are missing from Photos.
PPS. Is Halide asking you to upgrade to access some new features? It’s possible that you have been with us since Halide Mark 1, released a few years ago. As we are nearing the 3-year anniversary of Halide Mark II, free updates are ending for users that bought ye olde Halide 1; the pay-once app.
We want to make one thing super clear: we will always support and thank you for being with us from the start. Halide, including all its Mark II features and the features we released in upgrades 2,5 years since are unlocked and enabled for you forever. While newer features like the Lock Screen widgets will require upgrading, we’ll make sure that you continue to get essential compatibility updates and keep the app you love.
If you have issues, or feedback, please write us — we want to hear from you. Thank you!