A retro computing / pixel art camera app.
Retrospecs lets you convert/capture images so that they appear as they would on a variety of home computers and consoles from the 70's, 80's and 90's.
Simply take a picture (or select one from your photo library) and you can display it as it would appear on a wide variety of computers and consoles from the 80's and 90's. There's currently over forty "emulated" systems including the Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, IBM PC (DOS, CGA, EGA and VGA), Commodore Amiga, Atari ST, Sega Mega Drive, Nintendo Game Boy and even the original 1984 model Apple Macintosh. If that's not enough you can also create your own custom systems based around different graphics engines, capabilities and colour palettes.
To best present your blocky masterpieces, you can tweak each image using a selection of dither patterns and image enhancements. Once you're done, share your images with friends and foes alike. Or just keep them to yourself.
For the latest news and updates follow @8bitartwork on Twitter and you can send any issues or suggestions you have to [email protected]
All trademarks are acknowledged as the property of their respective owners.
New Kids Displayed As Block.
• Fixed issue where newly created custom emulation modes weren't shown as being selected when exiting the custom emulation editor.
• Fixed converter configuration generation bug.
• Added "CGA Colours" mode for EGA.
• Added Jarvis dithering option.
• Tweaked custom emulation icon.
• Added additional crash logging. (If you experience a problem, please restart the app to send a crash report.)