Capo touch helps you learn to play the songs in your music collection by ear. By slowing down songs without changing their pitch, detecting chords automatically, and with its many other sophisticated features, Capo touch has you learning to play more songs in less time.
Here are just a few of the (many!) features that get our users excited:
• GET THE CHORDS: Capo analyzes the songs you load by "listening" to them, and then displays all the chords alongside the song during playback. In addition to naming the chords, Capo can show diagrams for guitar, ukulele, banjo, mandolin and bass. When Capo misses a chord or gets it wrong, you can correct the detected chords easily and Capo saves your changes along with the song. You can specify alternate chord voicings, and you can even choose to display left-handed chord diagrams. Rock on, southpaws!
• CHANGE THE SPEED: Capo can slow down (and speed up) your favorite music without changing its pitch, so you can practice with the recording at a comfortable pace. Its high-quality time stretching engine ensures that your music sounds great at any speed.
• ...OR STOP TIME COMPLETELY: If you lay a finger down on the waveform during playback, Capo touch puts you in direct control of the timeline while the sound keeps on playing. This helps you hear quickly-played notes clearly, and gives you a chance to listen carefully to how the notes in a phrase connect to one another.
• CHANGE THE KEY: Quickly transpose your music to a different key so you can play or sing along with it comfortably. The chords and chord diagrams update immediately to reflect the new key as you drag the pitch slider.
• MUTE / SOLO INSTRUMENTS & VOCALS: With Capo's cutting-edge isolation effect, focus on the parts of a song you are trying to learn by simply adjusting a few sliders. Solo the sound of a single instrument/vocal to hear it more clearly, or mute it to create a custom backing track.
• SAVE CHANGES: Capo saves all your work (edited chords, regions, playback speed, etc.) automatically as you’re learning. When you return to the song again, you’re ready to pick up where you left off. Projects are compatible with Capo 3 for macOS (sold separately), and can be synced via iCloud.
• ACCESS *ALL* YOUR MUSIC: Rather than hiding or displaying errors for the songs you discovered on Apple Music, Capo touch helps you quickly buy them on iTunes so you can start your learning immediately. And for those tracks you already own that are stuck in the cloud, Capo can take you directly to the Music app to download them quickly.
The free trial download has the following limitations:
• Only 30 seconds of audio playback is allowed per session, but provides full access to slowing, audio transposition, and our isolation engine
• Chord detection results are not available
Capo touch Pro ($9.99 yearly):
An active subscription is required for full access to the features in Capo touch. This includes:
• Removing the 30-second audio playback limit per song
• Full access to the automatically-detected chords
• Editing and transposing chords for guitar, bass, ukulele, mandolin, and banjo
In addition, you will also gain access to any new subscriber-only features as they are added to Capo touch in the future. And we've got a lot of those planned, and in active development!
All prices shown in this description are in US Dollars, so exact prices may vary by region based on current exchange rates. Upon purchasing, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account for a full year of access to the features in Capo touch. Subscriptions will automatically renew within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, when your iTunes Account will be charged again for $9.99. You can choose to disable auto-renewal by visiting your Account Settings after purchase.
This release adds the all-new Control Strip, the Transcription Playhead, improved Region looping, and more!
• The new Control Strip lives inside the Heads-Up Display (HUD) and groups related buttons together into sets. Tapping the Control Strip Selector beside the time display lets you switch sets, and a long press reveals a menu to switch between sets quickly. This new design allows us to keep extending Capo touch with even more features, so we're really excited to finally ship it!
• We've added the Transcription Playhead that we first introduced in Capo on macOS. The Transcription Playhead allows you to lock the playhead into position so that every time you press Play, the song starts from the same point. This is very handy when you are listening carefully and want to hear a single note, chord, or riff repeatedly while you're trying to identify what note(s) to play.
• The new Mixer allows you to set the playback volume in Capo touch independently from the metronome and the sound of chords when they're tapped. This feature is helpful when the metronome is difficult to hear over an especially loud song, or if you'd like to play Capo's audio alongside your favorite guitar amp simulation apps.
• You can now adjust the playback pitch of a song using a separate slider that's dedicated to this purpose. Adjustments can be made between -100 and +100 cents, which is equivalent to a semitone in either direction. We know it took a very long to introduce this feature, but the Control Strip made it possible to do it *properly*!
New Subscriber-Only Features:
• None! The new features in this release are available to all our existing customers, so enjoy!
• Region looping is now much easier to use! Similar to the macOS version of Capo, looping a region is now enabled by simply selecting it. The play button will change to indicate that Capo touch will loop the selected region, and tapping it starts your loop immediately!
• We added controls for Regions and Chords that allow you to move around the song using a left and right arrow to quickly move around the entries stored in your Project. You'll find these in the respective sets of controls in the Control Strip.
• While working on some future improvements, we spent some quality time with the isolation engine and tweaked our approach a little bit to improve the sound quality of the effect. Let us know what you think!
• The "Open In" functionality in iOS 10.3 has been restored for all you folks that like to import audio files from other apps (such as Mail, Dropbox, etc.) We apologize for any trouble that we caused with this bug in the last update!
• We addressed an issue that led to the isolation's power display to appear flipped, causing energy on the right side to appear on the left, and vice versa. This is now resolved, and we regret any error/confusion that was caused.
• The top crashes were addressed, and we appreciate all your submissions and feedback. Keep it coming so we can keep making the app better with each new update!
Please leave us a review on the App Store to let us know how you're enjoying Capo touch and the new update. All your positive reviews are helpful to our success on the App Store, and your good vibes help us stay motivated while continue to release more great updates!