Textual is the world's most popular application for interacting with Internet Relay Chat (IRC) chatrooms on OS X.
First appearing in 2010, Textual has since evolved and matured into the top IRC client for OS X; relied on and trusted by thousands of people.
• Textual includes two elegantly designed dark and light variants of the user interface which have been refined all the way down to the very last pixel.
Powerful, yet lightweight
• Textual supports very powerful modern technologies such as native IPv6, the latest IRCv3 specifications, client-side certificate authentication, and much, much more in an easy to navigate, clutter free environment.
Privacy is valued
• Textual protects your privacy by leveraging widely accepted, proven technologies such as Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) to ensure that the only people reading your conversations are those that you intend to.
• Textual takes customization to the next level with styles created using well documented, open web standards in addition to addons built using a multitude of programming languages such as AppleScript, Objective-C, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, and Swift.
Textual also includes…
• Multi-channel selection
• Quick navigation using fuzzy searching
• Inline nickname colorization
• Rich array of keyboard shortcuts
• iCloud support for syncing connections and preferences
• Address Book for tracking when friends are online & offline
• Powerful, customizable, rule-based ignore matching
• Inline media embedding (Show images inline with chat)
• Auto-Completion for nicknames, commands, and channels
• Growl and native Notification Center support
• Bold, color, italic, and underline text formatting
• Built in support for converting text emoticons to emojis
• Powerful ZNC integration for power users
• Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
• SOCKS4, SOCKS5, and HTTP proxy support (with or without SSL)
• Support for sending self-signed certificates for authentication
• Support for validating and specifying trust for untrusted certificates
…and much, much more!
See https://www.codeux.com/ for more information
Changes in Textual 6.0.2
• Fixed many instances in which Textual would hang indefinitely.
• Server traffic that is logged when “/debug raw on” is enabled is now sent to a special utility window. To protect privacy, this utility window does not keep a record of any information logged to it.
• SASL EXTERNAL is now used as the authentication mechanism, without enabling it, if a certificate is configured. This behavior can be disabled using the "defaults" command.
See https://codeux.com/release-notes-602 for a list of all changes.
Changes in Textual 6
— Performance Improvements
Textual 6 delivers performance unmatched by any of its predecessors when running on OS X El Capitan or later.
— View Multiple Channels
Command click up to six (6) channels to view them simultaneously.
— Quick Select
The keyboard shortcut Command-D can be used to quickly navigate between channels.
— Chat Filter Addon
The Chat Filter Addon received a significant overhaul.
• Filters can now be dragged and dropped to change the order they're matched in.
• Filters can now be exported and imported to allow them to be shared with others.
• Filters can now respond to more events: user joined channel, user left channel, user kicked from channel, user disconnected, channel topic changed, channel mode changed, and much, much more!
• An empty Filter Match value will match any possible value.
— Other Changes
See https://codeux.com/release-notes-600 for a list of all changes.