The App provides functionality to keep Address Book in organized form. It’s especially useful for people, which have a lot of contacts. When Address Book gets bigger it’s hard to remember all the people, who they are, what business or private relationships exist between me and them.
It offers possibility to visualize relationship between contacts, easy navigation between stored sets, keeping organized Address Book in case of redundant records (e.g. several contacts, which are specified by only first name "Alexander")
The App supports easy identification of role-based relationships (e.g. employer -> employee)
- I’ve got a recommendation for a good dentist from my classmate - they meet regularly. So I’ve entered contact data of the dentist in my address book. Year later there is a reason to contact the doctor, but it will be better if I refer to our common friend, it may eventually help me to get the appointment faster. But after a year I may already forget who gave me this contact.
Solution: if I’d have possibility to see relationships between the contacts, I can easily find out that the doctor is friend of the classmate.
- On weekend we suppose to visit cousin of my wife. The cousin lives in a big family with 3 children and parents of her husband. It’s hard to remember all the names, though writing them in notes of cousin’s entry in my address book is not good solution either - eventually I’d need to store phone numbers of the parents and children. Creation of separate records in address book is troublesome either - I even don’t know the family name of parents, and creation of records like “Mike” or “Jenny” may produce ambiguity.
Solution: if I’ll be able to connect people in relationships, there will be no ambiguity even if there are many records with the same names (e.g. only first names recorded). I also will be able to record and later remember who from this family is child, brother, parent, etc.
- I’m a businessman and regularly visit customers. On each visit I collect bunch of business cards. Even I can recognize titles of the people from the business cards, sometimes it’s hard to remember subordination of the people. I.e. who is chief, who is subordinate.
Solution: entering data to my address book and specifying relationships between colleagues allows me to recognize sort of Org-chart in the future.
If you have any questions, problem reports, new ideas or want to participate in beta-testing of new versions, don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or leave comment on this site: https://www.facebook.com/linkem.ios/. You're welcome to use English, Deutsch или Русский.
- Replaced colorful emoji decorators by more stylish glyphs
- Fixed layout of a contact card (there was too much space on right side of name of person/organization)