Turn pictures of your favorite moments into beautiful cross stitch tapestries of almost any size! Cross Stitch Creator is an embroidery app that allows you to generate cross stitch patterns from pictures and track your progress on them. You can also save patterns to your photo library, print patterns directly from within the app, or share patterns with your friends as PDFs!
• Generate cross stitch patterns from pictures up to 800 x 800 stitches
• Use hundreds of different colors in a single pattern
• 454 different DMC thread colors to choose from
• Create your own color palettes to use for generating
• Several generation parameters such as minimum number of stitches for each thread color and maximum number of colors allowed.
• Track your progress on patterns (details below)
• Save pictures of patterns to Photos
• Print patterns from directly within the app
• Share patterns as PDFs via Email, iMessage, and more
• Help popups to guide you through using the app
Progress tracking features:
• Colorize individual stitches to mark progress
• Quick and easy symbol/color lookup
• Lockable stitches
• Sortable key
• Pattern metadata such as size, date created, number of colors...
Although we try our best, thread colors may not appear to be completely accurate. Perception of thread color depends on multiple factors including, but not limited to, display settings such as brightness and night shift, ambient light conditions, and neighboring colors in the pattern. Please use your best judgement in determining which colors to actually use when stitching the pattern.
You've been asking for it, so here it is. We added a "Max Colors" pattern generation parameter that lets you specify at most how many colors the pattern can have. Note that pattern quality gets worse with fewer colors. We are looking to improve this in the future.
We also squashed a few bugs while we were at it.