Need to create a quick diagram, process chart, page layout, website wireframe, or graphic design? With OmniGraffle, your iPad touch screen is your canvas (or graph paper, or whiteboard, or cocktail napkin…).
OmniGraffle knows what makes a diagram different from a drawing, so it knows how to help you make superior documents quickly: it keeps lines connected to shapes even when they're moved, it provides stencils full of objects for you to drag and drop, and it can magically organize diagrams so your ideas come to life.
Using simple multitouch gestures, draw shapes, drag in objects, and style everything until it's just right. Smart guides help you organize your document in a flash, and automatic layout gives you a powerful shortcut to the perfect diagram layout. Changes are saved as you work, and documents will automatically sync to your other Mac and iPad devices when using OmniPresence, our sync technology. Or, share your creations via PDF export to others.
A well-designed chart or diagram communicates information far better than words. When you need a clear understanding of how information needs to be presented or how processes are carried out, OmniGraffle for iPad is the tool to help you organize your thoughts visually, document them beautifully, and communicate them to the world.
- Several Professional features such as Visio support, shape combinations, tables, and more are now available as an In-App Purchase (available for free to customers who upgrade from v1).
- You can now search for user-submitted stencils at our own repository, Stenciltown.
- A new Style system has been introduced to make it easier to set and apply Favorite visual styles as well as picking from available styles that exist on the canvas.
- Interface changes have been made to bring OmniGraffle up to date with iOS 8. A new Canvases sidebar has been added, as well as the ability to hide interface controls completely.
- Combine two or more objects on the canvas to create a custom shape. Included with the Pro In-App Purchase.
- Import and export support for Visio file formats. Included with the Pro In-App Purchase.
- Import and export support for OmniOutliner files.
- New fill, stroke, and shadow styles have been added.
- Easily AirDrop files between iOS 8 and Mac OS X 10.10 apps.
- Manipulate vertex points on shapes with the Freehand Tool, and convert them to Bézier points.
- Use built-in stencils or draw customizable shapes
- Freehand sketch directly onto your canvas
- Touch and drag to connect shapes together
- Touch "lay out now" to automatically arrange your diagram
- Smart guides help you align, rotate, and size objects
- Create multiple page ("canvas") documents
- Share items between your canvases with shared layers
- Wrap text to fit within a shape
- View what styles make up a shape in your diagram
- Select a whole class of objects at once to make changes
- Choose colors from built-in themes
- Create custom colors with support for HSB, RGB, and grayscale
- Create linear and radial fills, blending up to three colors with customizable centers and angles
- Set stroke/line thickness, color, and customize line styles
- Create transparent shape shadows which fall on objects or layers that are behind it
- Define shadow blur/sharpness, transparency, color, and position
- Pinch to zoom in and out
- Combine any two shapes in your document into a table
- Share native OmniGraffle documents via email, or email as a scalable PDF
- Save documents as a graphic in your Photos library
For more information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at [email protected], by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnigraffle.
OmniGraffle 2.8 enhances Apple Pencil support and fixes a handful of bugs.
• Arrows with Apple Pencil — Drawing the lines you want with the Apple Pencil is easier than ever. Need a filled arrow at one end of your line? With Shape Recognition enabled, draw a line followed by a triangle at the end, and Snap! You can also use a V shape to get a stick-figure arrow.
• Fill in Shapes with Apple Pencil — With Shape Recognition on, use your Apple Pencil at an angle and shade in a shape to quickly add a marker fill. The direction of your shading determines the color of the marker fill.
• Extra Strokes with Apple Pencil — With Shape Recognition on, trace over an existing shape without a stroke and a stroke will be added. Trace again to get a double stroke. Trace again to get a thicker single stroke. Trace again to get a thicker double stroke. It keeps going.
• Stroke Weight Recognition with Apple Pencil — With Shape Recognition on, the harder you press with the Apple Pencil the thicker your line will be in OmniGraffle. The average pressure over the course of the line determines the stroke weight.
• Single Taps with Apple Pencil — Tapping once with Apple Pencil in freehand mode no longer switches to the Selection tool. When Shape Recognition is off, your handwriting becomes beautiful Bézier lines. Time to dot some i’s and cross some t’s.
• More Bézier Points with Apple Pencil — With Shape Recognition off, OmniGraffle captures even more Bézier points making your sketching and writing even more accurate.
• Better Shape Recognition with Apple Pencil — OmniGraffle now recognizes flipped and rotated shapes.
• Stenciltown — The Return key behaves correctly when logging into Stenciltown.
• Text Editing — Fixed a bug where sometimes quickly double-tapping an object when text has been edited on another object clears text from the first object.
• Font Transparency — Font transparency is now preserved when closing and reopening files.
• Bézier Line Handles — Cleaned up some occasional rendering dirt when dragging Bézier line handles.
• Line Labels — Fixed an issue where line labels were mispositioned when copying and pasting multiple objects at the same time.
• Visio Export — Fixed a bug where PNG and JPG images were omitted when exporting to Visio XML.
• Visio Files — VSDX and VSTX files are converted to OmniGraffle format immediately to avoid sync conflicts.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email [email protected], call 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152, or tweet @omnigraffle.
If OmniGraffle empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniGraffle and make them more productive too.