DaVinci Resolve 16
Hollywood’s most powerful tools for professional editing, color correction, audio post and visual effects!
DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio is the world’s only solution that combines professional 8K editing, color correction, visual effects and audio post production all in one software tool! You can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio with a single click. Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a large team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and finishing on more Hollywood feature films, television shows and commercials than any other software.
This free version of DaVinci Resolve 16 includes all of the same high quality 32-bit float YRGB image processing, editing features, visual effects and professional audio tools as DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio. The free version lets you work at up to 60 frames per second and can output SD, HD and Ultra HD resolution files and can also use a maximum of 2 GPUs within the MacPro.
Perfect for both offline editorial and online finishing. You get every editing and trimming tool imaginable, stacked and tabbed timelines, multicam, closed caption and subtitling tools, on screen annotations, faster project loading, 2D and 3D title templates, and dozens of other new features!
New Cut Page
Designed specifically for editors working on high end fast turn around work whether you’re delivering for broadcast or for YouTube, the cut page has everything you need to get the job done, all in one place. Plus, the regular edit page is still available so you can switch between edit and cut pages to change editing style right in the middle of a job.
Fusion Visual Effects
Fusion gives you a true 3D workspace with over 250 tools for creating feature film quality visual effects and stunning motion graphics! Now you can create sophisticated composites, use vector paint, animate titles, add 3D particles, key, rotoscope and more, all inside of DaVinci Resolve 16!
Advanced Color Correction
Hollywood’s favorite color corrector keeps getting better! You get advanced primary color grading tools with unlimited secondary corrections, power windows and tracking along with a new LUT browser, shared grades, better noise reduction, faster stabilization, super scaling, dozens of ResolveFX plugins and more.
Fairlight Audio Post
Fairlight is a full blown digital audio workstation with high performance multi track sample level editing and mixing! You get ADR tools, support for sound libraries, audio and video scrollers for quickly syncing sound, a scrolling timeline, normalization and FairlightFX plugins including a hum remover, de-esser, reverb and more!
Upgrade to the paid version of DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio and you also get automatic facial recognition for face refinement tools, Temporal and Spatial noise reduction, photorealistic optical quality motion effects, Lens Flare, Lens Blur, Aperture Diffraction, Revival restoration tools, Film Damage or Film Grain ResolveFX. DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio also includes Lens distortion correction, high quality de-interlacing, HDR (High Dynamic Range) grading with Dolby Vision support, stereoscopic 3D tools, remote rendering, multiuser collaboration with chat and more.
DaVinci Resolve 16 App Store Limitations
The Mac App store version of DaVinci Resolve 16 works with Metal and OpenCL only, does not support some external control panels, and may not be compatible with all 3rd party OpenFX or VST plugins. Collaboration features are only available with the Studio version with an externally connected database. If you need these features, please download DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio from the Blackmagic Design support website.
Current model iMacPro, iMac, MacBook Pro or MacPro with a minimum of 4GB of graphics memory. A fast hard disk for video, 16GB of system memory, Mac OS X 10.14.6 or higher, at least a 1440 x 900 resolution display.
• Support for additional audio track formats for IMF and DCP renders.
• Improved decode and encode performance for Kakadu DCP and IMF formats.
• Adds Blackmagic RAW support for latest Blackmagic URSA Broadcast update.
• Support for new audio only and video only editing modes on the cut page.
• Added in and out buttons in the user interface on the cut page.
• Support for audio playback when trimming on the cut and edit pages.
• Improved zoom buttons for the timeline on the edit page.
• Improved smart indicator in the cut page for when using in and out points.
• Viewer resize icon on the cut page now correctly resizes the whole viewer.
• Cut page divider between timeline and viewer can now be moved via the divider.
• Close up edits in the cut page now vary the close up from 20% to 40% randomly.
• Search dial is more responsive when using the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard.
• Removed auto jog mode on scroll with the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard.
• Better responsiveness using shuttle with the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard.
• Double press to clear in and out on the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard.
• Improved performance in collaborative projects with multiple DaVinci systems.
• Support for monitor name in the workspace menu display options.
• Support for copy/paste in Dolby Vision mid tone offset values between clips.
• New scripting APIs to move media items, LUTs, markers, copy grades and more.
• Now uses 2 up view in sync bin when using live overwrite editing.
• Fixes a bug that caused the clip dividers in the source tape to scroll with audio.
• Opening the media folder in the cut page will re-sync to that folder contents.
• Multiple performance and stability improvements.