ilRagazzini app contains the full text of the Ragazzini 2017 English - Italian Italian - English Dictionary published by Zanichelli, with headword, phraseology, full text and inflected form search features.
It is possible to insert notes, underline, and create a list of favorites. Click on the speaker icon to listen to the correct pronunciation of a headword. This function requires an internet connection.
Universal App for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. This dictionary is also available as a cross-platform version for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS. For further information see dizionari.zanichelli.it
• more than 400 000 words, phrases and meaning
• PRONUNCIATION of English and Italian headwords
• phonetic transcriptions and INFLECTED FORMS of English and Italian headwords
• more than 3000 phrasal verbs: from to abide by to to zoom past
• more than 120 000 specialist terms
• 5000 English adjective, noun and verb structures made clear
• 17000 “parole amiche”: language combinations for learners of English, like to pay attention or vastly superior
• 13000 synonyms and opposites in English
• more than 600 usage notes in Italian: for avoiding mistakes and resolving queries
• more than 850 false friends: to avoid confusion between fattoria and factory, or libreria and library
• appendices include lists of irregular verbs
• gallery of 32 illustrations.
The dictionary has been updated with all the most important new words and meanings, in Italian and English: including slang such as to chillax and obvs, new technology and online terms including smartwatch and to upvote.
WordWatch explains the origins of new words such as listicle, Brexit and emoji, as well as general language change, like the new meaning of across.
NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR DICTIONARY SEARCHES
App and fulltext search engine developed by Meta Srl - www.gruppometa.it.
The dictionary contains all the new entries and meanings from the Ragazzini 2017.
The app now contains complete Italian inflected forms, with full verb tables and feminine and plural forms for all Italian adjectives and nouns.
Personal favorites, notes and highlighting will be carried over to the new version, although the precise positioning of the latter in the text of some updated entries cannot be guaranteed.