Get things done! The award-winning Things app helps you plan your day, manage your projects, and make real progress toward your goals.
Best of all, it’s easy to use. Within the hour, you’ll have everything off your mind and neatly organized—from routine tasks to your biggest life goals—and you can start focusing on what matters today.
“Things offers the best combination of design and functionality of any app we tested, with nearly all the features of other power user applications and a delightful interface that never gets in the way of your work.”
—Wirecutter, The New York Times
• Your To-Dos
Your basic building block is the almighty To-Do—each a small step toward a great accomplishment. You can add notes, tag it, schedule it, and break it down into smaller steps.
• Your Projects
Create a Project for any big goal, then add the to-dos to reach it. Use headings to structure your list as you outline your plan. There’s also a place to jot down your notes, and a deadline to keep you on schedule.
• Your Areas
Create an Area for each sphere of your life, such as Work, Family, Finance, and so on. This keeps everything neatly organized, and helps you see the big picture as you set your plans in motion.
• Your Plan
Everything on your schedule is neatly laid out in the Today and Upcoming lists, which show your to-dos and calendar events. Each morning, see what you planned for Today and decide what you want to do. The rest is down to you :)
MORE THINGS TO LOVE
As you dive deeper, you’ll find Things packed with helpful features. Here are just a few:
• Reminders — set a time and Things will remind you.
• Repeaters — automatically repeat to-dos on a schedule you set.
• This Evening — a special place for your evening plans.
• Calendar integration — see your events and to-dos together.
• Tags — categorize your to-dos and quickly filter lists.
• Quick Entry — create to-dos from anywhere, as soon as the thought hits you.
• Quick Find — instantly locate to-dos, headings, or tags.
• Type Travel — jump from list to list with your keyboard; just start typing!
• Widgets — see your lists in Notification Center.
• Mail to Things — forward an email to Things; now it’s a to-do.
• And much more!
MADE FOR MAC
Things is tailored to the Mac with deep system integrations as well. A great example is Quick Entry with Autofill: a shortcut that grabs content from other apps and adds it to Things for you, such as a link to a website or an email you want to get back to.
You can also enjoy a beautiful dark mode at sunset, connect your calendars, enable widgets, use your Mac’s Touch Bar, import from Reminders—Things can do it all! There’s even AppleScript support if you need powerful automation.
STAY PRODUCTIVE ON THE GO
Things has full-featured apps for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch as well (sold separately). All your devices sync seamlessly via our free Things Cloud service. It’s great to have everything at your fingertips when you need it!
Made in Stuttgart, with two Apple Design Awards to its name, Things is a fine example of German engineering: designed not only to look fantastic, but to be perfectly functional as well. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, then polished to perfection.
“It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.”
GET THINGS TODAY
Whatever it is you want to accomplish in life, Things can help you get there. Install the app today and see what you can do!
Visit our website now and get a free 15-day trial for your Mac: thingsapp.com
If you have any questions, please get in touch. We provide professional support and will be glad to help you!
• Added support for “fuzzy” tag search.
• Added support for Cmd+click in checklists to open links in the background.
• Added Quick Entry with Autofill support for Keep It app.
• Added Quick Entry with Autofill support for canary builds of the Microsoft Edge browser.
• Improved the behavior when dragging to-dos with different start dates across headings.
• Fixed an issue with the text selection color when Things’ light/dark mode differs from the System’s light/dark mode.
• Fixed an issue where a to-do’s parent list label could appear in the wrong light/dark theme color.
• Fixed an issue where the selection in a list could jump to a different to-do when completed items were manually moved to the Logbook.
• Fixed a bug where to-dos (or the Quick Entry popover) could lose focus while tabbing quickly between fields.
• Fixed a bug that caused Things to launch when dismissing a notification.
• Fixed some sporadic crashes that could occur on macOS Big Sur when launching the app by clicking a widget.
• Fixed some sporadic crashes when dragging to-dos if the action necessitated a change in the tag filter’s visibility.
• Fixed a crash that could occur in the Inbox when hitting Ctrl+[ or ] inside a to-do’s expanded When field.
• Updated the crash reporting SDK.
THINGS FOR BIG SUR
This update brought full compatibility for macOS 11 Big Sur and two great improvements for the new unified Notification Center: configurable Widgets and Rich Notifications.
Things’ powerful new Widgets are now available on the Mac! Configure them in your Notification Center to show any to-do list you want. Quickly glance at what you’re doing Today, see what’s Upcoming on your schedule, stay on top of your most urgent project, view tag-filtered lists – the possibilities are endless!
Notifications have been greatly improved, with variable snooze durations – 10 min, 30 min, 1 hour – and a new option to complete a to-do directly from the alert. Perhaps best of all, the app no longer jumps to the foreground when you hit snooze!
BIG SUR COMPATIBILITY
• Remodeled the app icon.
• Adapted the window layout.
• Designed new icons for Preferences panes.
• Designed a new Things Cloud switch.
• Many other small interface tweaks.
Things fully supports the newly announced Macs with Apple M1 chips: the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini.
• Added support for Cmd+click to open a Things URL in a new window.
• Added support for Cmd+double-click to open a project in a new window.
• Added support for Cmd+Return to open a project in a new window.
• Added support for assigning tags via drag & drop inside the Upcoming list.
• Added support for seamless navigation between title & notes fields via Left-arrow and Right-arrow keys.
• Added Quick Entry support for Airmail app.
• Tweaked the icon for Someday items in Quick Find.
• Improved full keyboard navigation for alerts and project/heading completion dialogs.
• Improved navigation from Quick Find to reveal Today items in the Today list instead of their parent list.
• Improved the Select-All (⌘+A) behavior in grouped lists (e.g., Today grouped by project/area, Upcoming grouped by date, etc.).
• Improved handling of right-clicks inside checklist items.
• Improved error handling when managing a Things Cloud account.
• Hid to-do counts for childless projects in the Logbook.
• Fixed an issue that could prevent drag & drop at the top of the Today list.
• Fixed an issue with pasting text into tag-filtered lists.
• Fixed an issue where an incorrect date could be set when using the keyboard shortcut to bump a to-do forward by 1 week.
• Fixed an issue where Quick Entry could create an empty todo when Today was set as the default destination.
• Fixed an issue where a project’s progress graph could show in the wrong color after moving from Someday to Today.
• Fixed an issue where slim windows could be restored to an incorrect size.