Castaway is a minimalist podcast app for playing and managing audio podcasts.
- Browse podcasts by what's popular, by podcast networks, or search for podcasts by name or author.
- Subscribe to your favorite podcasts or listen to individual episodes from the directory without the need to subscribe to the entire podcast.
- Supports streaming new episodes, as well as downloading episodes locally to your device.
- Utilizes background refresh to ensure that your podcasts are always up to date.
- Receive notifications when new episodes are available for listening.
- New episodes download automatically in the background for you. If you prefer to stream new episodes, you can disable automatic downloads.
- Save your favorite episodes, so that you'll always have them available for repeat listens.
- Adjustable playback rate that can be configured globally as well as per podcast.
- Fixed a bug that could cause new episodes to be ignored. With this fix, you *might* see a one time occurrence of older episodes that were previously skipped get marked as new.
- Fixed a bug where refreshing an individual podcast feed could cause the episode list to temporarily show incorrect episode information.
- Fixed a bug where a malformed export file could get generated if any of your podcast titles contain emojis.