iScherlokk is a lightning fast file search utility and file comparison tool. It performs two fundamental functions, and it performs them extremely well.
Why use iScherlokk rather then Spotlight:
• Extremely fast search engine finds your files quicker than competition
• iScherlokk searches through 'real' files instead of the Spotlight's index. The index is not always up to date and does not contain all files.
• iScherlokk shows search results in a flat or hierarchical view which helps to find out which file is the one you need and how files are located in the folders structure.
• Clean and easy to use interface.
iScherlokk precisely and reliably searches all files which meet the search criteria. Music, pictures, bookmarks, documents, etc can be found quickly and easily. Search can be made on any kind of build in volume, portable volume (pendrives, memory cards, USB drives), network drive (AFP, SMB, FTP), Thunderbolt or Firewire device (CD/DVD, external HDD, slave computer), etc.
It does not matter if the searched file is hidden or system. The file does not even need to be indexed by macOS to be found by iScherlokk.
When searching with size range, iScherlokk calculates and displays all folders which fit in the range.
Which files can iScherlokk find?
Because iScherlokk is not based upon the Spotlight's index, and has its own, powerful search engine, it will find every single file on any accessible volume in your computer.
iScherlokk can compare any files (text or binary) and displays their differences, taking into account insertions or deletions. It uses a sophisticated algorithm for finding similar blocks in both files and shows them as a list of differences. Try it out and you will love it!
- iScherlokk Helper Improved
- Dark menu mode compatibility
- Overall improvement