Update: Weather Forecast Widget now supports automatically updating the weather based on your current location. This new feature is completely optional and has been designed to be as battery conscious as possible using low power geofences.
Weather Forecast Widget is a great new iOS 8 Today Widget that allows you to, at a glance, see the five day forecast of the weather for any city in the world. Forecast Widget is configured using the app but the real value comes into the widget that you can add to your Today tab in the Notification Center which makes it easy to check the weather of your city over the next 5 days.
Just install the app, launch it and select a city and then add the Widget to the Today tab of Notification Center. Note: You can re-order widgets once you've added them. We recommend putting it towards the top so its always easy to access the weather, even while your device is locked.
- Global Weather Information
- Supports Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Accurate 5 day forecasts
- Also see the current weather for your current location
- Fixed a bug where the weather icons were sometimes showing up as black instead of white
- You can now optionally use your iOS device's location to automatically update the weather for the city you're currently in. This uses low power geofences to keep your weather accurate without burning your battery.
- Even if you don't want to automatically update your location, you can now select the city you want to track based on your current location.
- Weather Widget now looks better on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Retina HD images