DOWNLOAD, UPLOAD, AND MANAGE FILES ON YOUR SERVERS.
Includes Panic Sync, our secure, super sync service — for FREE.
If you're a pretty serious nerd like us, you probably have access to an FTP, SFTP, WebDAV or Amazon S3 server that you use for, say, web serving, group collaboration, as a personal cloud storage service, or who knows what.
Transmit for iOS allows you to connect to that server and manage all your files, exactly as you'd expect. Transfer. Make folders. Rename. Delete. Set Permissions. You know how it works, and Transmit does it.
But it gets a lot better. Thanks to the power of iOS, Transmit will also extend the standard iOS Share sheet — the one you see in, say, Photos or Voice Memos, when you tap the Share button — to include a brand-new Transmit button. That means you can now share your Photos directly to your SFTP server, or share a podcast voice memo straight to Amazon S3. It's incredibly powerful.
And there's one more cool iOS thing: in compatible applications, like iWork, you can Open a document directly off your server. And when you hit Save, it will silently and perfectly upload back to your server. In other words, you can use your server as your own seamless cloud storage. Amazing.
We're just getting started.
• Full Remote File Management
Log in to your server. Upload. Download. Rename. Edit permissions. Make folders. Do it all.
• Save & Upload Files from the iOS Share Sheet
You can quickly send an image from your Photos, an audio file from Messages, or any iOS app that uses the standard system "Share" sheet, to your Mac or server.
• Connect to FTP, SFTP, S3, DreamObjects and WebDAV
Full support for Transmit's entire suite of protocols is now available to iOS users.
• Twin-Turbo Background Transfer Engine
The full power of Transmit's transfer engine is available, even while Transmit is in the background.
• The Joy of Drag & Drop
Why do no iOS apps use drag and drop? We wondered that too. Especially satisfying on the iPad — with Local files on the left and Remote on the right, it's smooth as silk to drag over a file.
• Edit Documents from Compatible Third-Party Apps
Third-party applications that implement the iCloud document picker have instant access to Transmit as a file source. Opening and saving files in these apps will relay changes back to Transmit to be uploaded onto your server.
• Panic Sync
You can sync your saved servers and credentials with Panic Sync, and keep them updated between Transmit for iOS, Coda for iOS, and Coda for Mac (requires Coda 2.5). Stay tuned for support in Transmit for Mac.
YOU ARE NOW YOUR OWN CLOUD.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY TRANSMIT FOR iOS.
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
• Improved Panic Sync integration in preparation for future updates
• Resolved an issue where Panic Sync account details were not displayed immediately after a successful login
• Fixed a crash that could potentially occur when connecting to certain FTP or SFTP based servers
• No longer allow creation of new Servers in groups that have been deleted from another device
• Attempting to move a file to it's current location no longer displays the conflict resolution sheet
• Updated DreamObjects server endpoint