Take control of your music with intuitive controls, customizable interface and beautiful design.
“...the design is tastefully done and finding your way around your music is a breeze...One of the best options for playing local music.” – David Nield, Gizmodo
“Fortunately, Cesium is here…If you want the old Music app back with a few improvements thrown in, look no further than Cesium.” – Christina Warren, Mashable
"[...going] back to local music with @CesiumApp and I have never been happier." – Nilay Patel, The Verge (Editor-in-Chief)
• Swipe left to add to queue, swipe right to play or shuffle.
• Sort playlists by artist, album and more!
• Edit, reorder or shuffle your Queue at any time!
• Use Classical Mode to sort select genres by composer.
• Local star ratings (plus Today Widget)
• Easily access compilations while keeping your Artist and Composers list uncluttered.
• Resume Queue
• Customizable Tabs
• Night Mode
• Custom Themes
• Landscape Mode
• Gesture Controls
• No ads or locked features
• Much More!
NOTE: Deleting Music.app in iOS 10 also removes core functions for handling iCloud and Apple Music. Doing so will cause Cesium performance issues and is not recommended.
Lots of commentary (and a little controversy) on the change logs, like: "Tremendous," "Believe me, they're unbelievable," "The best words," "Really terrific," and "Made with illegal Chinese steel." They're a lot of fun for smaller updates, but this time there is a lot to get to...
• NEW Resume Queue: now Cs remembers what you were playing and ask to pick up where you left off.
• NEW skip increments: double tap the skip buttons to jump ahead or back 30 seconds.
• NEW Playlist Sorting: order your tracks by rating or Date Added.
• NEW launch Cesium by tapping track details in Today Widget.
• NEW translation: Brazilian Portuguese
• IMPROVED lyric support: tap the album artwork in Now Playing or Track Details to view tagged lyrics.
• IMPROVED track details: now you can skip through tracks in a list to quickly view details for groups of tracks.
• IMPROVED skip performance.
• IMPROVED playlist options: now you can favorite playlists in folders, and collect tracks by grouping.
• IMPROVED queue: no need to tap to edit.
• IMPROVED volume control: now you can just tap and swipe to adjust volume without extra taps.
• IMPROVED Settings tab.
• IMPROVED German translation. If you notice problems with a translation and can understand the English you are reading now, please let me know! I'd love to correct them.
• FIXED issue preventing playlists from being favorited.
• FIXED Classical Mode lists not filtering out compilation artists/composers.
• FIXED issue causing playlists to appear empty on launch.
Finally, for all that have the option to vote - particularly my neighboUrs to the south who have an election coming up - please exercise it.
Leaving glowing App Store reviews, on the other hand, is non-optional.