Take control of your music with intuitive controls, customizable interface and beautiful design.
“...the design is tastefully done and finding your way around your music is a breeze...One of the best options for playing local music.” – David Nield, Gizmodo
“Fortunately, Cesium is here…If you want the old Music app back with a few improvements thrown in, look no further than Cesium.” – Christina Warren, Mashable
"[...going] back to local music with @CesiumApp and I have never been happier." – Nilay Patel, The Verge (Editor-in-Chief)
• Swipe left to add to queue, swipe right to play or shuffle.
• Sort playlists by artist, album and more!
• Edit, reorder or shuffle your Queue at any time!
• Use Classical Mode to sort select genres by composer.
• Local star ratings (plus Today Widget)
• Easily access compilations while keeping your Artist and Composers list uncluttered.
• Resume Queue
• Customizable Tabs
• Night Mode
• Custom Themes
• Landscape Mode
• Gesture Controls
• No ads or locked features
• Much More!
NOTE: Cesium requires Music.app to be installed.
Turned out that artist images could be more hidden. In Genres, specifically. So fixed that and a bug in Now Playing involving low-res artwork.
If you skipped 3.8.4, here's what you missed:
• Let’s be real, Cs was pretty great but it started up like a 56k modem without the dubstep. Launch times have been dramatically reduced so you can get to listening to your music instead of waiting for the drop.
• Added a convenient long-swipe for Play All.
• Moved some sorting menus/options so you have'em where you need'em.
• Cesium now sorts numbers like a person, not like a robot; so 10 won't come between 1 and 2 anymore. One step closer to sentience.
• History no longer includes skipped tracks. It's like a better, alternative-history filled with only the facts - I mean *tracks* - you like.
• Shake your device to shuffle the current queue.
• Improved performance when shuffling by album or grouping.
• I’ve heard from quite a few users who like Whitesnake and ZZ Top but want to be sensitive to the feelings of female colleagues/friends/family/humans, because some of those covers are pretty sexist and we can't all be President. Well, now you can use the new Hide Artwork setting and it's, like, 'how much more hidden could this artwork be?' and the answer is 'None. None more hidden.'
• Beyond the above, Cs has actually been entirely refactored. It’s leaner (20% smaller footprint), meaner (because it learned some new swears from me while I was working on it) and if I suggest it might be slightly faster you are statistically more likely to think it is.