Smart Shooter is a digital photography work flow application for tethered shooting, remote capture and advanced camera control.
Smart Shooter allows you to fully control your camera from your Mac, giving you freedom to explore and experiment to help take the perfect picture. Automatic download and display means you can fully evaluate your photos in seconds, and real time live view output will help you focus and compose the scene. Scripting language lets you control your camera, allowing you to take multiple photos with varying settings just by clicking a single button.
Smart Shooter is aimed at both the professional and amateur photographer, providing them with the following features:
● Remote camera control via USB cable
● Full control of camera settings
● Photo download and display on Mac
● Real time zooming/panning photo display
● Live View display including overlay mode
● Live View recording of each frame to JPEG file
● Bulb shooting with timed exposure
● Automatic control via scripting
● Tethered shooting with automatic download and preview
Smart Shooter works with all recent Canon EOS DSLR and Nikon DSLR cameras.
The following Canon cameras are supported:
1D Mark IV,1D C, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 5DS, 5DS R, 6D, 7D, 7D Mark II, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 80D, 100D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 750D, 760D, 1000D, 1100D, 1200D, 1300D,
Rebel SL1, Rebel T1i, Rebel T2i, Rebel T3i, Rebel XS, Rebel T3, Rebel T4i, Rebel T5, Rebel T5i, Rebel T6, Rebel, T6i, Rebel T6s, Rebel XSi
Kiss F, Kiss X2, Kiss X3, Kiss X4, Kiss X5, Kiss X6i, Kiss X7, Kiss X8i, 8000D, Kiss X50, Kiss X70, Kiss X80
The following Nikon cameras are supported:
Df, D3, D3s, D3x, D4, D4s, D5, D90, D300, D300s, D500, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D800E, D810, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500 D7000, D7100, D7200.
Please see the support website for full details of supported cameras and features.
● Add support for Canon 5D Mark IV
● Add display option for always showing the most recent photo
● Add automatic detection of physical camera USB attach/detach
● Add warning popup for unexpected camera disconnection
● Add prototype for Canon EDSDK replacement
● Add USB download rate to information shown in camera table
● Improve UI for Log window
● Improve UI for Camera Controls window
● Fix UI layout of Options window on high DPI displays
● Fix photo scale when 1:1 pixel display ratio is requested
● Fix intermittent crash after camera becomes disconnected
● Fix intermittent hang caused by race condition with excessive logging
● Fix intermittent hang during shutdown, due to race condition with log messages
● Stop excessive camera communication traffic with Nikon D3xxx models
● Ensure restart prompt is only show once when changing options
● Ensure camera trigger requests are rejected when mirror lockup is enabled
● Disable shoot action in camera context menu when mirror lockup is enabled
● Change UI labels for supported cameras option
● Cleanup and reduce logging during camera detection
● Recover USB connection state after camera plug/unplug
● Rename 'Refresh List' button to 'Detect'
● Remove JPEG previewer script
● Remove unnecessary log warnings about unmapped Canon properties
● Update to Canon EDSDK v3.5