Welcome to Sight Words, a fun-filled adventure where children can learn to recognize, read, and write up to 320 sight words!
The beloved game of Hide-and-Seek is the central point of the app because it symbolically explores the cognitive skills necessary to remember sight words such as: visual attention, the morphology of the forest setting (i.e. the letters in a word), active listening, and of course visual memorization.
Developed with the The English Common Core State Standards in mind, this app will ensure that children have increased exposure to high frequency words that appear in text. These interactions will enable them to acquire the words into their long term memory. Our list was chosen based on Dolch’s and Fry’s compilations which account for over 50% of words that appear in printed text.
Recommended Ages 3-8
***Parent's Choice Silver Award Winner Fall 2015***
***By tapping into every kid's love of hide-and-seek, your child will practice the cognitive skills necessary to remember sight words. Parents.com***
• 10 timeless mini-games
• 320 sight words spread across 5 levels (PreK- Grade 3)
• Algorithm that chooses words based on Hermann Ebbinghaus’ memory theories
• Choose to play with UPPERCASE or lowercase letters
• Personalized and customizable play to include specific sight words chosen by parents or teachers
• Multi-user interface
• Accessible to children with disabilities (VoiceOver compatible)
• Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
• Secure gaming environment: No ads, no external links, no in-app purchase, no social media access, no personal information request
• Real time dashboard to track progress
• Bright, colorful, and encouraging characters
• Clear, concise instructions
Edoki Academy’s mission is to provide children with enjoyable early-learning activities using the latest technologies. Our team members, many of whom are young parents or teachers, strive to produce tools that motivate and inspire children to learn, play, and progress.
We take your child’s privacy very seriously, for this reason, we are proud to offer a product that is certified COPPA compliant by Privo.
CONNECT WITH US!
If you have any support requests, comments, or questions do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or visit the Edoki Academy Online Community at edokiacademy.com. We’d love to hear from you!
Minor bug fix