The Guardian described This War of Mine as "Grueling but beautiful". Now this experience is available on
Mac App Store.
In This War Of Mine you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city; struggling with lack of food, medicine and constant danger from snipers and hostile scavengers. The game provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle.
The pace of This War of Mine is imposed by the day and night cycle. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout: crafting, trading and taking care of your survivors. At night, take one of your civilians on a mission to scavenge through a set of unique locations for items that will help you stay alive.
Make life-and-death decisions driven by your conscience. Try to protect everybody from your shelter or sacrifice some of them for longer-term survival. During war, there are no good or bad decisions; there is only survival. The sooner you realize that, the better.
• Inspired by real-life events
• Control your survivors and manage your shelter
• Craft weapons, alcohol, beds or stoves – anything that helps you survive
• Make decisions - an often unforgiving and emotionally difficult experience
• Randomized world and characters every time you start a new game
• Charcoal-stylized aesthetics to complement the game's theme
By any means necessary.
Is this a game you want to play? No. Is it a game anyone with a beating heart should play? Yes. A million times yes.
This, right here, this is what a video game as a work of art looks like.
*Please be aware that the game is not compatible with all integrated graphics cards available in Mac computers. We cannot ensure that the game will run smoothly on every configuration out there. Recommended GPU - minimum 512 MB of dedicated VRAM.
We proudly present Update 1.3 that will give you plenty of new stories to tell. Let's take a look at what we’ve prepared.
- Scenario Editor in which you can write your own stories of civilians in war. Pick up members of the group, length of the conflict, weather conditions and more – it’s all up to you!
- Character Editor where you can shape civilians, their look, skills, biographies and then play with them in the game. You can even add your photo and be a part of the story.
- two new locations: Old Town and Looted Gas Station. Of course they can be included in your scenario!
- two new music tracks, designed for the night missions!
In TWoM you are the narrator. These new tools largely expand your possibilities of telling stories in the game.
To import your own photo please follow these steps:
- Open Finder
- Click on buton "Go" and hold Alt
- A Library folder should appear there - open it
- Now go to Containers/com.11bitstudios.thiswarofmine/Data/Documents/This War of Mine/Portraits
- Now simply copy your portraits here