Winner 2017 Roddenberry Prize
Winner 2016 Edison Award for Social Impact (Gold)
Winner 2016 Singularity University Global Grand Challenge for Learning
Available worldwide, with customers in over 50 countries.
:prose is the world’s most intuitive mobile (AAC) app that let’s you speak using body language instead of visual symbols. Starting with simple finger taps and swipes in the Canvas area, you can speak your own phrases out loud and communicate with others. Further, :prose enables you to pair bluetooth connected sensory devices as remote controls to command :prose to speak out loud from your Smartstones Touch device or your Apple Watch.
:prose is being used by the largest school system in the United States and provides an entirely new “inclusive learning” experience and accelerate “access to literacy” for nonverbal or communication challenged students.
“:prose is so intuitive, that it allows students opportunities to communicate with less effort.”
— Patrick M, Special Education Teacher, San Francisco, California
Teachers and SLP's are telling us that :prose addresses these problems:
• Improve student eye contact
• Improve student attention and focus
• Improve student development and engagement
• Improve core communication
• Improve teaching experience
• Reduce anxiety and behavior interventions
• Flexible and adaptive to learner
How it works:
Step 1: Download :prose on iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad
Step 2: Click “Sign Up” to create a profile
Step 3: Tap Settings to personalize your phrases, spoken dialect and text color
Step 4: Preview spoken phrases within Settings, then flip to Canvas and start speaking with simple gestures
Step 5: Tell your friends about :prose! :)
Swipe to speak. Getting started:
• Canvas - Draw a shape with your finger. :prose detects your gesture, displays text and reads it aloud.
• Library - Personalize up to 31 unique phrases and gestures, in 27 voice language dialects.
• Swipes (Up, Down, Left, Right, Diagonal)
• Swipe & Hold (Up, Down, Left, Right, Diagonal)
• Touches (Tap, Double Tap, Tap & Hold)
• Arrows (Up, Down, Left, Right)
• Zig Zags (Z, N, И, Backwards Z)
• Shapes (Triangle, Square, Diamond, Circle)
Personalization and natural voices
• Setup a personal profile including display name and photograph
• Access, and store up to 31 unique phrases and gestures
• Select from 27 different voice dialects: English (American, British, South African, Australian, Ireland), Spanish (Spain, Mexico), Arabic, Danish, German, Russian, Suomi, French (France, Canada), Hindi, Bahasa Indonesia, Italian, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese), Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Thai, Turkish, and more…
• Select unique display colors for each phrase
• Transition with minimal re-customization as the user’s skills grow
• Support learning through motor planning with consistent gestures for core words or phrases
• Single Sign In lets users access their phrases from any device – at school, home or traveling
• Robust use of Apple’s accessibility features including VoiceOver and Guided Access with screen and feature controls that can be locked or unlocked – Sleep/Wake Button, Volume Buttons, Motion gestures, Keyboard controls, Touch controls and Set Time Limits
• Use of Bluetooth 4.0 to pair sensory devices
• Add a quick launch icon on your Apple Watch face
Classroom and therapy support
• Start simple and expand vocabulary as needed with less effort
• Customize vocabulary and settings per student
• Photo and display name on Canvas for projecting multiple users devices onto a wall or smartboard
• Echo feature lets you see the last spoken phrase
• Contact our support team live chat on our website
• Connect with peers on our Facebook group
• Learn using in-app help or request email support or suggest a feature from within the app
:prose is available through Apple’s education and healthcare Volume Purchase Program.
We update the :prose app regularly so we can continually make it better for you. Update to the latest version for all of the available :prose features and enhancements. Thanks for using :prose!
This update includes:
- Stability improvements for iOS 12
- Fixed crashes related to Apple Watch phrase sorting
- Layout updates for iPhone XS, XS Max and XR
- Layout updates for iPad Pro
- Minor bugfixes