For the first time ever, Wrestling Revolution features BOTH aspects of the business in ONE shared universe - and this special "Pro" edition offers full access to each career with no holds barred! Start anywhere with anyone, and either take shots in the ring as a wrestler or call the shots backstage as a booker - promoting entertaining matches every week for ratings. Seeing each side of the curtain gives you an even better appreciation for the other, and ensures you'll never grow bored of wrestling again!
Your purchase also includes a "Backstage Pass" that allows you to save your changes to all 9 rosters before pitting them against each other in dream matches of your own creation! With 4 pages of rules to mix & match - including up to 20 wrestlers in rings of any shape or size - the only limit is your imagination. You can also blow off steam with no pressure by revisiting the 8 weeks of shows from the game's promotional tour. Not to mention the interactive training process that teaches you how to lock up in the first place.
The game features an interactive tutorial that you are advised to play through, but the basic controls are as follows:
CURSORS = Movement (double-tap to dash)
A = Attack (with a direction to aim high, without to aim low)
G = Grapple
R = Run
P = Pick-Up / Drop (with a direction to throw)
T = Taunt / Pin / Referee duties
EYE = Change focus / Turn opponent around
HEALTH METER = Switch character
CLOCK = Pause / Change camera angle
Although every effort has been made to keep performance as high as possible, some devices may benefit from a visit to the Options menu to fine tune the display:
- The number of characters is perhaps the biggest factor so consider turning off referees and setting a limit on the match size.
- If you don't want to sacrifice numbers, you can sacrifice polygons instead and opt for "Basic" character models (no fingers).
- The ropes are surprisingly demanding and you may squeeze in an extra character if you make them "Static".
- Turning off shadows and reducing crowd sprites may also help.
I regret that there's more to this game than I could ever fit in an app store description, so please consult the online guides for further reading:
Or join the debate on social meda:
- MMA mount with a wider array of strikes.
- Punches during a lying headlock.
- "Cartwheel Takedown" as a running/flying move.
- New takedown from the rear.
- Guillotine Chokes can now transition into a reverse version.
- Fewer automatic contract renewals at the beginning of each week, but you can always renegotiate manually by attempting to "hire" anyone on your roster who is "unsigned".