Whether you're new to coding or an experienced developer, CodeRunner is the perfect tool to write, run, and debug code quickly in any programming language. Enjoy essential IDE features such as code completion, integrated debugger, live errors, and documentation sidebar, all in a lightweight and easy-to-use app designed exclusively for macOS.
Run Your Code Instantly
• CodeRunner was built on the principle that you should be able to run your code instantly, in any language. CodeRunner can run code in 25 languages out-of-the-box, and can easily be extended to support other languages.
IDE-Level Code Completion
• Any programmer knows the importance of good code completion. CodeRunner's code completion is the best you'll find in any IDE for most languages, and supports completions beyond single words, extra-fuzzy search, documentation snippets, tab-selectable placeholders, and smart ranking of results.
Debugging with Breakpoints
• Don't clutter your code with print-statements for debugging. Instead, use CodeRunner's built-in debugging features to set breakpoints and step through your code. Just click the text margin to set a breakpoint and start debugging. Explore the call stack, view and edit variables, and interact with the debugger. Debugging code in any language has never been so quick and easy.
Live Errors and Linting
• Get instant feedback on your code as you write it. CodeRunner checks your document for syntax errors and common issues, displaying errors directly inline with your code. Compile and runtime issues from the console are also intelligently highlighted and included in the document.
First-Class Text Editor
• At the heart of CodeRunner lies a lightning-fast editor that is packed with useful coding features. Multiple selections save you time by eliminating repetitive edits. Auto-Indent not only perfectly indents existing blocks of code, but is deeply integrated into the editor and indents your code as you type. Best-in-class syntax highlighting is augmented with code tokenizers for local symbols and variables, allowing for unparalleled highlighting and variable renaming features.
File Browser and Documentation Sidebar
• CodeRunner's modern, single-window interface helps you keep your workspace organized. Use the built-in file browser when working on projects with lots of different files. Use the documentation sidebar to quickly check the online docs for classes and functions without ever leaving the app.
Supported Languages for Running Code
For a full list of supported languages and features, please visit coderunnerapp.com
This release includes a number of minor improvements and bug fixes. Notable changes include:
• Improved resolution of PATH environment variable, eliminating run issues with certain third-party tools and libraries.
• Ability to stop running code producing output while stuck in an infinite loop.
• More space for debugger variables by only displaying action buttons during mouse-over.
• Fixed an issue causing elevated CPU usage when editing some C++ files.