USER GUIDE VIDEO: https://youtu.be/F1ihoFJyPRE
(to see the videos you can also go to the product page by clicking "Developer Website" below)
"As noisemakers go, this one has lot of interactivity"
"Perhaps one of the more abstract user interfaces you might encounter"
"It's one of those somewhat rare apps that just grabs your attention"
"Simple to use, yet surprisingly versatile, it's a captivating app."
Hexaglyphics is a 13-bit noise generator with an interface based on an original alphabet for hexadecimal values. It can turn gestures into a wide range of noise sweeps, beeps, zaps/clicks, squarish oscillations and abstract sounds.
- Multitouch control zone with frequency of the noise oscillator on the x axis and (linear) amplitude on the y axis. The data of multiple touch are used consecutively each oscillator cycle. Every sample generated is visualized in this control zone, white are positive values and grey are negative values.
- Multitouch filter bar: Bandpass filter when you use one finger or Lowpass/Highpass combination when you use two fingers. Filters frequencies are not smoothed so with the right fast gestures you can execute some kinds of strange clicky sounds.
- Subsonic sine generator for subs and 808-ish kicks. You can deactivate/reactivate the sub sine interface by pressing the channel button more than 2 seconds and then releasing it.
- Buttons for selecting one of five different tone generation modes.
- Latch button for holding down the touched points even when you raise your fingers, useful for further processing the sound using external effects or plugins. You can latch everything or just the filter bar. When "latch all" mode is active a button appears at the right of the filter bar for clearing the latched touch points.
- Three performance mode: Standard for normal gated playing, Click mode for generating one-frequency-cycle clicks and Hybrid for generating click with a single touch and long sounds with multi-touch.
- Three output channel modes: Mono, Stereo (sub is always mono) and Split (noise on the left and sub on the right, useful for using different channels on a mixer).
- Audiobus 2 and Inter-App Audio support.
PHOTOSENSITIVE SEIZURE WARNING:
A very small percentage of people may experience a seizure when exposed to certain visual images, including flashing lights or patterns that may appear in this app. Even people who have no history of seizures or epilepsy may have an undiagnosed condition that can cause these "photosensitive epileptic seizures" to occur. Please do not use this program if you think you may be affected, and discontinue use if the app causes any discomfort.
- Audiobus updated to v2.2.1 for better compatibility with iOS 9