The Leaf Spy Pro application allows anyone with a Nissan Leaf electric vehicle, an iOS 7.1+ device and the LELink Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapter (recommended) or a WiFi OBDII adapter the ability to monitor their battery and other vehicle information normally visible only to the dealer. Support for English and Japanese language.
Note: The iPhone 4 and early iPads (2nd Gen) do NOT support Bluetooth 4.0 LE.
Supports new 2018 Leaf
Information displayed by Leaf Spy Pro:
* Voltage of each of the 96 cell pairs (highlighted if shunt active)
* Minimum, average, maximum cell pair voltages
* Histogram of cell pair voltages
* Battery Temperature readings (4 sensors for 2011/12 models, 3 for 2013 models)
* Battery AHr rating (this will decease with age and is an indication of remaining capacity)
* Odometer (miles or km)
* Number of Quick Charge connections
* Number of L1/L2 Charge connections
* EVSE Max available amps
* EVSE voltage
* Battery energy level in GIDs & kWh
* Resetable energy usage meter (Wh resolution)
* Graphic display of SOC, GIDs and DTE (Distance to Empty)
* Remaining distance meter (miles/km) to Event (Low Battery Warning, Very Low Battery Warning or Reserve) based on user selectable energy efficiency
* Graphic display of battery temperature with min, avg, max temperatures
* Tire Pressure of each of the four tires with low pressure warning and delta pressure warning alarm (not yet supported on 2018 Leaf)
* Ambient Temperature
* Displays climate control settings and power used.
* Trip and Charge Log
* Logging function that records most data and optionally GPS location to a csv file that can be easily imported into excel.
* Dropbox support to sync Log files
* Can run in background while connected to Leaf
LeafSpy Pro also gives you the ability to perform functions normally requiring a visit to the dealer.
* Change automatic door lock/unlock settings
* Change VSP sound settings on 2013 and newer Leafs
* Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
* Register Tire Positions (required after tire rotation or seasonal tire changes so your Leaf knows the correct location of each tire on the car)
* Ability to reset DTCs from selected ECUs
When using run in background mode where you enable GPS to run continuously. Please note the following:
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Updated Dropbox Authentication to comply with latest rules.
New 2018 Leaf odometer Setting under Units to specify if CAN odometer is in miles instead of km (US & UK)
Updated Help document to include new Custom Screen drawing and color options.