Prune is a love letter to trees. A game about the beauty and joy of cultivation.
With a swipe of a finger, grow and shape your tree into the sunlight while avoiding the dangers of a hostile world. Bring life to a forgotten landscape and uncover a story hidden deep beneath the soil.
• A unique digital plant for your pocket
• Beautiful, minimalist art and a super clean interface—it's just you and the trees
• Meditative music and sound design for you to zen out to
• No IAP, no monetization strategy, no currencies
• Share screenshots of your unique tree creations with friends
• Synchronize progress across all your devices using iCloud
Originally based on an experimental tree generation script, Joel McDonald carefully crafted Prune to perfection over the course of a year. Kyle Preston joined in to add his unique musical signature and sound effects.
----- RECEPTION -----
"Unlike anything I've played before... the kind of experience I want to pull out to show my friends." - The Verge
"Wildly creative, totally addictive, and oddly soothing" - Entertainment Weekly
"Prune is a gorgeous and unique experience." - 5/5 TouchArcade
"Prune is an awe-inspiring work of digital poetry that transcends its initial subject material to explore a much larger, much more complex theme, in an articulate and powerfully moving manner" - 10/10 Pocket Gamer
"A collaboration that feels more like a dance than puzzle-solving." - Kill Screen
----- AWARDS -----
• Winner - Best Upcoming Game - 11th International Mobile Gaming Awards
• Finalist - IndieCade Festival 2015
• Official Selection - Brazil's FILE Festival
• Runner-Up - IndiePlus "Make Something Great" Contest
• Official Selection - Out of Index Experimental Games Festival
Fixed the game progress bug (hopefully for good). Really, really sorry for any frustration this has caused. This has been an elusive bug to fix, only affecting certain players on certain versions of iOS/Prune.
NOTE: This update will not restore lost progress. If you've been affected by this, please do not hesitate to contact me and I'll try my best to help.