LogTera Grade 5 Math provides the most comprehensive learning and fun game for children 8 to 12 years old. Content aligned to COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS with over 2300 questions focused on developing core skills in:
1. Numerical Expressions (OA)
2. Numerical Patterns (OA)
3. Place Value (NBT)
4. Place Value Operations (NBT)
5. Fractions I (NF)
6. Fractions II (NF)
7. Unit Fractions
8. Units Conversion (MD)
9. Volume (MD)
10. Coordinate Geometry (G)
11. 2D Geometry (G)
The focus is: (1) developing understanding of multiplication and division and strategies for multiplication and division within 100; (2) developing understanding of fractions, especially unit fractions; (3) developing understanding of the structure of rectangular arrays and of area; and (4) describing and analyzing two-dimensional shapes.
Children answer math questions to earn coins, which they spend to unlock levels and games. Dinah - the guide - helps children navigate through the app. Exciting games like Chicken Jump, Candy Cruncher, Moon Rover Trouble, Mars Alien Attack, and Personalized Avatars, keep children engaged, and motivate them to learn new skills. Kid friendly rich graphics, animations, voices, and intuitive touch, click, drag and drop style, easy to use questions allow children to work without parent or teacher supervision.
- FUN AVATARS: Interactive friendly and customizable Avatars
- MOTIVATING GAMEPLAY: By answering questions, children earn coins that they use to unlock different levels and games.
- PERSONALIZED LEARNING: The app adjusts difficulty level to match child’s performance and learning requirements.
- AUTO-SOLVE helps kids get to the right solution for each question.
- REPORTS: Real-time feedback and performance reports are provided for learners, parents, and teachers.
- CORE MATH SKILLS: 5th Grade math skills based on Common Core State Standards. More than 2300 questions and 100+ skills have been covered.
- GUIDED VOICEOVER: Dinah guides children through the question-answers. This enables better understanding of the concepts and improves retention.
- RICH GRAPHICS: The user interface is simple and clean with great animations so that question solving is fun. Large variety of questions and high quality images to keep children engaged throughout the sessions.
- Developed using LogTera MAPLE platform
CCSS Topics Covered:
5.OA-Operations and Algebraic Thinking
* Write and interpret numerical expressions.
* Analyze patterns and relationships.
5.NBT-Number and Operations in Base Ten
* Understand the place value system.
* Perform operations with multi-digit whole numbers and with decimals to hundredths.
5.NF-Number and Operations—Fractions
* Use equivalent fraction as a strategy to add and subtract fractions.
* Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to multiply and divide fractions.
5.MD-Measurement and Data
* Convert like measurement units within a given measurement system.
* Represent and interpret data.
* Geometric measurement: understand concepts of volume and relate volume to multiplication and to addition.
* Graph points on the coordinate plane to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
* Classify two-dimensional figures into categories based on their properties.
Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- UI Orientation changes to Landscape
- Updated questions per common core standards
- Parent reports/review scheme