"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - Mac Rumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit client built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
Hey all! Been working on a big update for you, hope you like it! Details below!
- Added Jump Button in comments to quickly go to the next top-level comment (customizable)
- Added subtle GIF progress indicators to show where you're at in the GIF you're viewing
- Much faster GIF viewing and loading, as well as fixed issues where some sources would be unreliable
- Rich media headers in comments, just like in your feed
- You can now see how long a video is by a new length indicator in the thumbnail
- Alternative browser options! External Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Dolphin!
- Option to open in YouTube app directly!
- And if you only want to occasionally, you can open a video in YouTube app with a long-press action!
- New "Best" sort option for viewing posts, a fresh take on "Hot"! (Can change default.)
- When in Compact mode and viewing media, the speeds which they'll load at is greatly increased
- Option to show were pages end, so when you reach the end of one page it will state "Page 2", for instance
- Option to share comment text, in addition to just the link to the comment
- Option to share self post text, in addition to just the link to the post
- Select Mode for self text posts
- Fixed bug where Apollo would sometimes refuse to load further content
- Fixed bug with flashing volume indicator when scrolling
- Faster media loads in general
- Added support for gilding other users using Creddits
- Displays if it's currently a user's cake day!
- Added support for new comment spoiler format
- Option to auto-collapse AutoModerator comments
- If you have Reddit Gold, Apollo syncs read status both to and from the website
- When double-tapping higher-resolution media it no longer zooms in super far
- Double-tapping wide or short media will zoom to fit
- When zooming to view something very tall, the Media Viewer now scrolls more comfortably
- Fixed issue with tapping searched subreddits
- Fixed bug with duplicating "More Comments…"
- Fixed bug with image captions displaying weirdly
- Option to include the post title when sharing links, images, text, etc.
- GIFs no longer start autoplaying early/before they're in frame
- Fixed rotation bug that would throw you up the page
- Fixed more bugs surrounding tab bar floating up
- Media is allowed to be a little taller in the posts feed
- Fixed weird scroll offset issue in Search tab
- Fixed bug with sorting user comments
- Fixed occasionally jumpy animation when going from tapping an image in a post to the Media Viewer
- Fixed bug where double-tapping in the Media Viewer would jump the image somewhere it shouldn't
- If an error occurs during an in-app purchase (a tip), the error message is now more helpful. Try it out! ;)
- Fixed bug where some media sources could not have their aspect ratio/size displayed properly
- Better detection of Imgur media in some edge cases
- Fixed bug where View All Comments button would jump around when rotating. (Looking into making this button less obtrusive in general)
- Removed Fabric by Twitter/Google
- Fixed bug where text would stretch out on rotation
- Interact with media (save, share, copy, etc.) directly from the posts feed by long-pressing, rather than having to load in Media Viewer first
- Fixed bug where when typing in search bar in Search tab keyboard would get offended and leave
- Fixed bug where severely negative scores on comments would have improper formatting
- Fixed bug where media in crossposts would not display properly
- Fixed bug with negative post views
- Tons of other small tweaks and fixes!
This update took a little longer than I intended, so I'm going to be switching to a more frequent update schedule from here on out!
If you enjoyed this update, a rating helps a lot, and a nice tip helps even more! Thank you so much for using Apollo, I have so many great things planned for it, can't wait to show you. :)