"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
Hey! Great bug fix update coming your way!
- Support for the new iPad Pros (begone, letter-boxing! BEGONE!)
- Notification fixes
- If you comment and there's an issue where Reddit is unable to post it (if Reddit is down or having issues, for instance) your comment is no longer consumed by the void and is instead offered up for you to retry again or edit!
- Fixed bug when creating a post where the 3 post type options (Photo/Link/Text) could be unresponsive/untappable
- Fixed bug where if there's an issue uploading to Imgur the app could become unresponsive
- Fixed bug where swiping up to access Control Center while watching a video could exit the video (just when it's at the good part!)
- Fixed bug where videos could playback weird (especially Streamable, so sports people should be happy!)
- Chumbus carries through with his reward
- Fixed some more floating bottom bar issues (if you come across reproducible edge cases I'm always all ears!)
- Fixed some layouting issues on iPhone XS Max
- Fixed bug where app would think you had Pro+Ultra when you only had Pro
- Fixed issue where Monochromatic theme would have link colors the… wrong color
- Bunch of other lil fixes
Also of note, I'm aware of an annoying bug where sometimes comments and posts can be collapsed accidentally while scrolling. Annoying. Working on a fix for that one but couldn't quite get it in under the wire for this update, so look for it soon! I'm also aware of other annoying bugs that I shall fix too. :P
Thank you so much for all your support with Apollo Ultra, it seriously means the world and I'm so stoked by the reception (new really cool icon coming soon too!). I'm hard at work on the 1.4 update as well, can't wait to show you all that! So many juicy things up my sleeve. ;)