SSDReporter is an application that checks the health of your internal Solid State Disks ("SSD" aka "Flash Storage"). Since SSDs have a limited life-time determined by the number of write operations it is important to keep an eye on your SSD status. SSDReporter can warn you by e-mail or on-screen each time the health of your SSD decreases and/or when the health falls below the 'warning' or 'error' thresholds. The current status of your SSDs is also always easily recognizable because SSDReporter changes its icon (optionally in the menubar) from green to yellow (warning threshold) and finally red (error threshold) as the SSD health decreases.
*** LIMITATIONS & COMPATIBILITY ***
Only 'internal' SSDs are supported, disks connected via USB&FireWire do not work with SSDReporter.
eSATA & ThunderBolt connected SSDs may work if the enclosure is S.M.A.R.T.-compatible.
Some SSDs do not support S.M.A.R.T. at all or incompletely and therefore do not work with SSDReporter:
- a few 2013 and 2014 MacBookAir models contain 'TOSHIBA' SSDs (APPLE SSD TS0128F/TS0256F) which are incompatible
- the "SEAGATE 600 SSD Series" is incompatible
- most 'Micron' and 'Crucial' SSDs are incompatible
- some 'OCZ' SSDs including the ArC, ONYX, AGILITY4, VECTOR & VERTEX3/4/450/460 but excluding the TRION are incompatible
- most 'OWC' SSDs including the MERCURY ELECTRA and the 'Aura SSD for Mac Pro' are incompatible
- many 'Micron' and 'Crucial' and 'Mushkin' SSDs are incompatible
*** SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ***
- macOS 10.13 'High Sierra' or later
- At least one compatible internal "Solid State Disk" (SSD) or "Flash Storage" disk (see above)
*** WEBSITE ***
For more information please visit:
• IMPORTANT: The minimum system requirements have been raised to macOS 10.13
• Add support for 'Dark Mode' on macOS 10.14 'Mojave' and higher
• Show 'warning' icon when no compatible SSDs are found
• Added compatibility with more ADATA SSDs like the 'SU' and 'SP' models
• Added compatibility with SAMSUNG 'MZ7TE' models
• Improved compatibility with TOSHIBA SSDs
• Improved compatibility with Kingspec SSDs